cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - you've overcharged me, and I can't raise a ticket

tonycollinet
Grafter

Plusnet - you've overcharged me, and I can't raise a ticket

Because there are currently 3 tickets on my account which I cannot close because they were raised by plusnet (two of them for the same issue)
Please can someone from support have a look at my account - I've been overcharged by £13.65 (charged 29.99 - should be 16.34) this month. Now bearing in mind that IMO billing errors are about the worst mistake you can make, please can you
1 - immediately refund the overpayment.
2 - explain why it has happened
3 - explain what you will do to prevent it happening again.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet - you've overcharged me, and I can't raise a ticket

Hi Tony,
The subscription has increased because the 12 monthly discounts that were agreed last year have been used. I'm just trying to find details of the offer that was agreed but unfortunately they're not recorded on the account - if you could drop me a PM with details I'll happily look into it for you?
tonycollinet
Grafter

PM Sent...
tonycollinet
Grafter

Followed by a reminder....  Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tony,
Sorry they have been received - I'll be back to you this morning, I've been chatting to Mand about this as well (not sure if she's got back to you yet) but just want to confirm with her before I respond. I'm sorry for the delay.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Just some feedback on this issue
I was (IMO) overcharged because my discount came to the end of it's 12 month period. However when I was given the discount, I was not informed of any duration limit, and I only stayed with plusnet as a result of the discount applied to my legacy product (to price it at the same level as the current products - which weren't any use to me).
However, plusnet have been unable to re-instate the discount at the same level as previously meaning my costs have gone up around 3.65 / month. As a result, I am now migrating out.
I think generally plusnet service is excellent (although the handling of this discount scenario could have been better) - it is just that  your products don't suit me any more.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Where are you going too and how much?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
tonycollinet
Grafter

I've signed up with BE. I've actually taken the "unlimited" product at 18.26, but would probably been able to live with the value product at 14.08. I've had to add a hosting package at tsohosts for email and webspace (really only need the email) which pushes things up to the £20 I would have been paying at plusnet.
However, I decided if I was going to be paying that, I wanted a play with a provider who is promising unlimited usage (I've been having to ration the family usage of Iplayer), and unmanaged/unthrottled connection. (Frankly your traffic management on current packages is unusable for me)
We'll have to see how it goes.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I came across your fault ticket today, sorry I couldn't do anything for you as you've placed your order with Be Sad
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@tonycollinet
You forgot to say "and I'll be free of IP Profile and DLM issues"!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tonycollinet
Grafter

@ben
No problem - thanks for the help so far. I should add that the onoging fault investigation had no bearing on my deciding to leave. It is just unfortunate timing that my upgrade to 2+, subsequent fault, and expiry of discount have all happened at the same time.

@jelv - I'm trying not to count any chckens just yet. It has to be activated and all work reliably first.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If Be* was on my exchange I'd be looking at their Pro -  Annex M is available on that for no extra cost.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)