cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet vs OFCOM and other issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plusnet vs OFCOM and other issues

I recently agreed to another 12 month contract at £2.50 per month, and paid a year's line rental upfront. I am now seriously wishing I hadn't.
First you billed me for £9.99 instead of £2.50. When I raised this in ticket #91176969, I was told I will have to wait until the overpayment has cleared into PlusNet's account before you put this right. Why? I know you can issue a refund before you receive the payment, as you did that for me when there was another billing error on 6th August. Unfortunately I am currently out of the country - if I were not, I would be claiming the whole £9.99 back from my bank under the direct debit agreement.
Secondly, it transpired that my new contract started from 23 August - which meant that I was in fact due a refund for August - but it seems that I had to tell plusnet that... And not even a hint of an apology...
Finally, I questioned the amount listed as due as early temination charge should I decide I can not bear any more of PlusNet's stunning inefficiency before the year is up. I was told it is £5.50 per month - therefore 2.2 times the amount actually remaining due under the contract. This seems to contradict OFCOM guidance which states quite unequivocally that such charges should 'never be more than the remaining payments left in the contract;'.. Apparently plusnet think this doesn't apply to any 'discounted' price...
Perhaps someone from plusnet would like to give some feedback on these issues?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plusnet vs OFCOM and other issues

So, two days later and still nothing from plusnet forum staff...
Do I assume no member of plusnet staff wishes to comment?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Plusnet vs OFCOM and other issues

Sorry for the slow response, alanj. I have been waiting for clarification on your third point before addressing your post.
Firstly, we do have the facility to credit invoices. However we can only really do this once the bill has been issued, so that we have something to actually credit. Under your circumstance, we were unfortunate in that the bill was already sent off to the bank before either of us could foresee the error that was made. My apologies for this  Undecided I'll make sure that the refund is sent back ASAP.
My apologies for the lack of compassion. I'll get that fed back to the relevant manager. I'm glad to see that the refund was actioned in eventuality.
This is unfortunately the case. The fees are based on the wholesale costs which are presented to us by our suppliers.
The full price of the broadband is £9.99/£12.49 non-contract (subject to market areas). However the discounted rate is offered as a reward to you; firstly for opting to take out Home Phone with us, and secondly for agreeing to stick with us for a contracted period of time.
Thanks for feeding this all back though, I do appreciate we could have done a little better based on the ticket correspondence.
Hope this clears things up a little, and I hope you are currently in a country hotter than here.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet