cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet used to be awesome. Now being overcharged and called a liar!!!

Riblet85
Dabbler

Plusnet used to be awesome. Now being overcharged and called a liar!!!

Good evening,
I'm rather annoyed  Angry
I phoned to upgrade to fibre. Agent was helpful, really nice chap, and agreed to give me the 9 months for £12.99 (I think, it was a discount that new customers got) and for me to pre-pay my phone bill for the year if I transferred from BT.
So... Then the problems start. I get engineer bookings for a time I specifically said I couldn't do. So, open a ticket. Get no response until the day before the engineer is supposed to visit. By some miracle someone has rearranged, but didn't bother to update the ticket. Okay, whatever.
Then my phone line order is cancelled. No warning, no explanation. Open yet another ticket. Get told I can't have phone line and fibre ordered at the same time. Why didn't the agent know this? Right, whatever, it'll come good in the end.
So fibre finally gets installed. And my speeds... 9mbps down... A far cry from the 66 i was promised. So we file yet another ticket. I get told to test some things. Get told to report a fault at a different site... Right, I was already reporting a fault, now I'm doing it again. For God's sake. What happened to plusnets legendary service I'm used to? You guys used to be great. So I log the same fault a second time. A few days later, all fixed.
Then I get billed. I don't get the discounted rate I was promised. Really plusnet. Really?! Okay, so I raise YET ANOTHER TICKET. I wait three weeks, with the ticket bouncing around the place with nobody talking to me about it. Finally get a response today. Plusnet say I'm making the whole thing up and tell me to get lost.
[Censored] SAKE
So, do plusnet not record calls? Why would I even make this up? If I wasn't offered a deal, I would've gone elsewhere, that simple. Why call me a liar, plusnet? I've been a loyal customer, I stay with you purely for the customer service, and you reward me by screwing me over. Thanks a bunch.
So, now rather angry, I phone. I wait. 5,10, 15 minutes. I give up. No answer. Jesus, what kind of an outfit are you running over there? Probably a good thing I didn't get through, as I imagine I would've been promised something that wouldn't of happened, and then get called a liar.
I dunno plusnet, maybe a good will gesture is needed here....? This whole process has been a cockup from start to finish, and now I'm being insulted and overcharged and nobody seems to care.
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) avoidance of swear filter removed.
9 REPLIES 9
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet used to be awesome. Now being overcharged and called a liar!!!

Plusnet do record calls but I don't know how long they retain the recordings for.
If you remember dates of calls, pop them up on here and hopefully one of the Digital Care team will pick it up tomorrow.
Riblet85
Dabbler

28th October 2013.. Around 12:45 - 12:50 in the afternoon is when I called.
dick:quote
picbits
Rising Star

Excellent - with a bit of luck one of the staff will spot this tomorrow Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Leave it to me, I'm just trying to remember my login for the call recorder!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Found my login, found your call and now replied to your ticket. Sorry that the agent didn't apply the discounts correctly at the start.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
picbits
Rising Star

Oops - hope you gave the CSR a tickle with the Plusnet naughty bat !
Chris
Legend

Not everyone has access to the call recordings, so what should have happened is the agent asks their line manager to listen to it and then respond after that. I'm certainly passing some feedback on here as I'm not sure that happened.
Riblet85
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Thanks for sorting that for me.
It's amazing how you exercised common sense and fixed this inside 24 hours and yet your colleagues took three weeks to not listen to a phone call and tell me to clear off.
And thanks also for the little something as an apology as well, much appreciated. You've restored some of the trust I used to put into plusnet, hopefully you guys get back on track before I need assistance again. If you could find a way of cloning yourself that may help.
BRABUS
Grafter

There are some awesome staff at Plus Net and I agree with what you say about cloning them Smiley