cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet unable to take my Line Rental Saver renewal payment

GrumpyTyke

Plusnet unable to take my Line Rental Saver renewal payment

On 3 March 2020, I phoned Plusnet about renewing my Line Rental Saver and was told it would cost £197.00.

I spoke to "Les", who brought up my account but said he could not take my payment as his system was showing that my account date was in the past.

He spoke to his supervisor and as neither of them could resolve it, Les said he would refer it to the billing team and as he was about to go on leave until 10 March, Les would phone me the following week to take the payment.

He told me not to worry as the fault was at their end and just wait for them to contact me.

But I have not been contacted, and on 20 March 2020 I received an email stating that the next bill would be for a payment of £16.99 on or after 3 April 2020.

This charge is higher than normal as I assume it includes bog-standard line rental, because Les was unable to take my Line Rental Saver renewal payment, even though this is a Plusnet fault, not mine.

Having 126 views but no response, I'm resubmitting it.

HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Plusnet unable to take my Line Rental Saver renewal payment

Hi @GrumpyTyke

Sorry to hear of this.

I have now provided a response to your query here.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
GrumpyTyke

Katie,

Will the Customer Support team look into the situation where I was blameless, it was a purely Plusnet system fault that stopped me giving you my money, no matter what the adviser and his Manger tried, that has now resulted in me being charged a £18.99 penalty, even though I was not at fault?   Every effort I made to pay was thwarted by Plusnet for which I have been penalised.  If anything, I should be receiving a £18.99 refund as an apology, seeing as it took 3 months to actually start supplying me with the broadband service that I originally signed-up for in November, and then Plusnet refused to accept my Line Rental Saver payment...

Regards,

Joy Rogers

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @GrumpyTyke,

I have created a support ticket on your account to address your query. Please click here to view my response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team