cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet trying to close my account

George-t
Hooked

Plusnet trying to close my account

My latest bill generated on 28th Jan was due for DD payment on 3rd Feb. This failed and so I received an email yesterday asking me to manually pay in the next 14 days. I then received 4 further emails in the space of one minute, ranging from 'you have 9 days left to pay' through to 'we're closing your account'! I have paid the bill manually yesterday. 

There is clearly a systems error that has triggered this but I now need to ensure my account does not get closed and my internet access remains. I have phoned and been told this would be looked at by another team, but customer service have clearly acknowledged this is a total error on Plusnet's side. I urgently need assurances today that this could be resolved as I rely on my internet for work (as we all do). 

@Gandalf could you help. 

15 REPLIES 15
George-t
Hooked

Re: Plusnet trying to close my account

UPDATE: My internet got disconnected this morning!! Totally in breach of contract and Plusnet's procedure and policy.

After many hours tearing my hair out on the phone, I was told I would have to set up a new account and potentially wait 5-7 working days for internet to be connected again. I've also been told there's no way of escalating this as a priority. So my internet can be cut off in a flash but I have to be without internet for however long to be reinstated - when this is totally Plusnet's fault.

Appalling service and no ability to escalate. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @George-t

I'm really sorry to see we've ceased your service & cancelled your account in error due to a system issue. 

I can see our suppliers are processing your new account's order and we should be able to confirm within the next 24 to 48 hours when we'll be reinstating your service.

If you can let me know once you're back up and running, I'll be happy to make sure we offer compensation for the inconvenience we've caused. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
George-t
Hooked

Thanks for your reply, @Gandalf. I have just had a text from Plusnet to say my home phone service should be ready on 15th February, a week from now. Does this mean I am going to be without internet for another week and if so, is there any way of pushing this forward as it's already a big inconvenience? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @George-t

No problem, I've discussed with my manager and I've submitted an expedite request to our suppliers to try to fast track the order through. Once I've got a response back, which should be tomorrow, I'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
George-t
Hooked

Thanks, @Gandalf. That's appreciated. Look forward to an update.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @George-t

I can confirm our suppliers have brought forward your new order to 11/02/22 which is the earliest they're able to commit to, so your service should go live then. This could be at any point up to midnight. 

I'll check back then to follow things up with you. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
George-t
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf thanks for this. I have had a text through saying it’s the 12th now, not the 11th? Could you confirm.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi George,

It'll be the 11th before midnight on the day.

The text would be referring to the other side of midnight at 00:00:00.

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @George-t

I'm happy to confirm your new order completed this morning, and I can see you're back up and running. I'm really sorry once again for the downtime & inconvenience you've experienced this week after we closed your previous account in error.

I'd like to discuss a goodwill gesture with you so I've added a reply to the support ticket on your new account you can view & respond to by going Here but if it's easier to talk about it over the phone, let me know and I can ring you back.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
George-t
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf thanks for sorting this, appreciate your help. Apologies I missed your call. Shall I attach receipts for hotspot and data costs here or elsewhere? Thanks 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @George-t 

No worries, I wouldn't recommend posting it here in a public space, but you can reply to the ticket Here. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
George-t
Hooked

@Gandalf Hi again - I am being contacted by Plusnet's debt collection agency today! Despite being given assurances this would not be passed onto any company as my account was closed in error and I've paid my bill in full. Please can this be resolved asap? Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi George,

I'm really sorry for the confusion. 

I'm afraid we couldn't stop the outstanding balance from being passed to a collections agency, because that's an automated process we have, however I can see our debt management team are monitoring via a ticket Here and plan to recall & write off the debt once the balance had reached the collections agency, which based on your post I see it has now.

They'll pick this back up as soon as possible to recall & write off the debt, and once they've sent the request off to do this, it can take up to 10 working days for the agency's records to update, during which time I'd recommend ignoring any further correspondence you receive, but in the unlikely event you hear from them after then, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to investigate further however at this stage I'm confident the right steps are being taken to resolve. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
George-t
Hooked

Thanks for getting back to me. @Gandalf To confirm I paid my bill in full manually as soon as the direct debit failed so there shouldn’t be any debt to be written off. I really hope this can be sorted swiftly as I’ve spent so much time on this through no fault of my own over the last week! Thanks