Plusnet switch - retaining email address

If I switch from Plus to another ISP can I retain my Plusnet address
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Plusnet switch - retaining email address

As long as you let us know when moving that you want to keep the account for e-mail only we'll get it done for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Only by paying an annual fee of £20 http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
It is possible, when requesting an account cancellation, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some member centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.
billyjoe

Mark Wheeler

My new ISP would arrange the BB switchover with Plusnet - they tell me.  I presume the procedure is for me to tell them not to switch the email account and they tell you to switch Broadband facility only and 'DON'T CANCEL THE EMAIL ACCOUNTS'.
I would want to keep the email accounts for, say 6mts for obvious reasons.  What charge would Plusnet make for the extra 6mts email account... £20 /2  = £10 ? 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

£20 as it is a one off annual fee
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

BillyJoe,
What's the reasons for leaving?  If its speed issues, then unless you are moving to Virgin Media, there is a high possibility that the speed issues will remain with you, as they are significantly governed by the BTOR equipment which connects your home o the exchange.  Be wary of any ISP "promising" speeds greater than you are getting at present.  There have been some cases of slightly better speeds (at the expense of stability) with LLU operators.
The historical issues which you've had with the phone will most likely have been down to BT equipment between the cabinet and the exchange, which will be common with any other ISP other than Virgin Media.  Note that you do not need to wait on a phone line to get PN support, you can use the live chat service and phone faults can be reported on line using the phone trouble-shooter - see the link below.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.