Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet still trying to charge me after migration to another provider

FIXED
kithmo

Plusnet still trying to charge me after migration to another provider

Hi, 

I migrated phone and broadband to TalkTalk on 9th May and asked for my final Plusnet bill. I was given the amounts, including the early termination fees and adjustments etc. and waited for this amount to be taken out of my bank account before cancelling the direct debit. I am now being hounded for another broadband service payment even though I have now been using TalkTalk broadband for nearly a month. In the ticket raised for the final bill I asked for this payment to be cancelled (I had been informed by email of the pending payment), but this fell on deaf ears and I am still being hounded for this payment. Is there anyone on here that can sort this out ?

regards...Keith

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Plusnet still trying to charge me after migration to another provider

After this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/plusnet-broadband-880000-ofcom-billing-customers-co... I would expect either an explanation for the extra cost or an apology to be forthcoming fairly quickly.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kithmo

Thanks Baldrick1, Ofcom was going to be my next port of call if this doesn't get sorted soon.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @kithmo,

I'm sorry that you have been sent another bill after your cancellation and that your request for this to be cancelled was not picked up.

I've checked and this looks to be a case of human error, in which the broadband side of the account wasn't closed down fully. I've written off this bill now and have fully closed down your account to ensure that you don't receive anything further. I've passed on feedback to our cancellations team regarding the poor experience that you've had and this will be looked into further internally.

Sorry again for this error and for the inconvenience that it has caused you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
kithmo

Thank you Emily, I hope that's the last of it. Smiley

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @kithmo,

No problem - I'm sorry that this happened.

Now that the account has been fully closed you shouldn't hear anything further from us, but please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team