cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet still trying to charge me after cancelling the broadband

Anon
Pro

Re: Plusnet still trying to charge me after cancelling the broadband

Pnet might not affect a credit rating directly but the debt collecting agencies will contact credit rating agencies and that could seriously adversely affect one s credit rating.,

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
NitroExpress

Thanks Harry for looking into this -

I think Ofcom will continue to fine Plusnet as this is continuing to happen - seems lessons haven't been learnt

. This could be avoided if it was easy to talk to you guys, for example you say "Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen". 

What rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you go on to further say

"We prefer electronic 'tickets' to emails, this means that you can always see what updates have been made and check back over previous tickets too"

most ticket systems  can also use emails !!!!!!!!!!!!

Plusnet needs a decent CRM  and  a understanding customer support team

Mike

Marc_C

Hi Harry, many thanks for the response and helping to give some info on the issue with my closed account.

However, I would like to know timescales for how this will proceed/be fully resolved as you haven't explained what happens next? Saying "we're working on it" just doesn't seem good enough to me. I don't want to be hanging around until the debt agency comes knocking.

Firstly you still need to refund me for the £18.36 taken from my bank account in August and the £18.36 taken in Oct. Sept charge has been refunded by cheque as described in my previous post. I believe you can't refund directly into my bank account so a cheque will have to do. The last supervisor I spoke with in Oct was reluctant to raise a cheque and said the best way was to contact my bank direct. I was reluctant to go down this route (as I explained to him) as it would mean more phone calls and probably a response from Plusnet chasing me for payment again. I need Plusnet to do the work on this one please.

The other question is the overall timescale for completely closing this off. While I appreciate that the error is a complex system fault, surely you can sever ties with individual accounts when the problem has been identified? It seems to me that you're saying that you know what the problem is but you can't stop yourselves from taking, or attempting to take money from my bank account. How can this happen? If the company I work for continued to charge old customers, we wouldn't have any customers at all. Unfortunately, word gets around.

Regards

Marc
NitroExpress

I am sure Harry will sort this out - - He is the first person in my case to grab hold of the problem and do something. Looking forward to hearing its resolved for both of us

Mike

Anon
Pro

I wish I had your confidence that anyone would sort this out.

Isn't it terrible I am afraid that they might overcharge me as a customer and can't get into my account to sort it out and I am leaving soon and frightened that they will keep charging me and no way to sort it out.

OFCOM have got to step in and close this bunch down.

And they claim to do you proud. Sorry mods, but I think they can only claim to do you.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Anon,

I am saddened to hear you feel that way however I do understand there has been a lost of faith in us from the issue that have happened previously.

Can you advise if you are still having problems viewing your bill through the member centre and if so, can you private message me screen shots of what you can see.

I would like to investigate this for you.

Hello @Marc_C,

I am deeply sorry for the experience you have had while closing your account. As per Harry response it is an issue with the back end system and is beyond this team control to resolve. Having said that I can assure it is with the best team for the job who are working hard to resolve this as quickly as possible.

I understand the inconvenience and undue stress that this experience will be causing you and like your self we would like to see it come to an end.

I have updated this ticket with the actions I have already taken and will take ownership of this for you, replying tomorrow with an update on the refunds tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

@SammyM wrote:

Hello @Anon,

I am saddened to hear you feel that way however I do understand there has been a lost of faith in us from the issue that have happened previously.

Can you advise if you are still having problems viewing your bill through the member centre and if so, can you private message me screen shots of what you can see.

I would like to investigate this for you.

The second half of that was very clear "leaving soon", not being able to see accounts just the straw that broke the camels back. Not willing to waste my time trying to sort out your mess. But am very afraid that I might still be caught up with your nightmare billing systems that keep charging after leaving and, as usual, with PNet they are long on promises and short on action.

Just hope that OFCOM feel the same about having to deal with the same complaint they fined you massively for months ago and CLOSE YOU DOWN.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Anon, I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving us but the offer of help is an open one if you want us to look into this.

I'm also sorry that you feel you need to be concerned over incorrect bills, this certainly isn't want we want. If you do decide to leave, feel free to drop us a message once done and we can ensure you receive no incorrect bills. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Interesting news today!

EE and Virgin media fined £13.3 million between them for overcharging customers who have left their contracts early.

ownprox
Grafter

me too sadly: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/plusnet-still-trying-to-charge-me-even-though-i-can...

bad company i guess just a few days ago got a letter in post about a bill going to a debt agency yet i havent been with plusnet for months and also had issues with them charging my account even after i left and got that solved and refunded and removed my direct debit from that point thank god because they tried to bill it 3 more times since its just sad.

Anon
Pro

now ask pnet for free subscription to a credit rating agency to ensure that this does not stick on your credit rating as you will have chance to argue your case that it should not be on.

ownprox
Grafter

thanks for the advice will do they did assure me that it would not be added to my record and the billing team would handle that but yeah your right i should ask for proof. we both know this company can be shady, is it really a automated systems fault if so why has it not been fixed they were sued in 2017 for it now 2018 im sad to see customers still effected by this and am glad i pulled my card info off their site when i did or else would of been charged without my knowledge of 55 pound and 38 pound for September and October but my account was closed and its so out of the blue for this to happen as i finished with them at 12 of july with no cancellation fee's or outstanding charges just waiting for the reply of the billing team now that's all i can do.

@Anon love how you mention the proud part

We'll do you proud is the exact headline on my debt collectors agency letter of which it was confirmed that i do not owe at plusnet and the debt collector agency seems to think i do plusnet did me proud for sure atleast they are solving it but this happened to me before aswell when i quit on 12th they charged me for 3 months after now out of the blue they try charge me for 2 months service when my account is closed. surely you'd think they would of fixed it the first time around no, also i asked to have my account fully deleted when this is all dealt with they also refused that and said it is closed and still will not get any more bills yet i was told this last time and had bills generated lol

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@ownprox

You really need to make OFCOM aware that Plusnet are up to their old tricks for billing ex-customers. They were fined £880k last year for this and promised to stop doing it. Unfortunately as you are painfully aware, they have not.

The OFCOM Billing complaints form can be found at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing

It only takes a few minutes to complete the form and you are helping others in the process.

While OFCOM will not help any individual, it will use all evidence submitted in future investigations.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jolin5

I am also caught up in the Plusnet continuing-billing -after-end-of-contract merry-go-round. Thanks for this brilliant guide!

Marc_C

Hi @ownprox I see that from the bills/emails you posted links to, that Plusnet blame Talk Talk for not letting them know of transfer of broadband (Just phone). I had exactly the same issue with them saying EE didn't inform them of my switch. When I queried this with EE at the time they said they don't even offer landline only packages so it was Plusnet's mistake.