cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet still trying to charge me after cancelling the broadband

dpiqueres

Plusnet still trying to charge me after cancelling the broadband

Hello,

I cancelled my plusnet broadband on the 8th of August by phone (the only way it could be done) and already paid what I had remaining.

But now they are trying to charge me for the month of September. Is there any way to cancel the broadband account for good?

Thanks,

David

45 REPLIES 45
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Plusnet still trying to charge me after cancelling the broadband

Hi @dpiqueres,

Sorry to hear about this and for the frustration this has caused you. 

Sorry to hear about this, if you could PM me your full address and landline telephone number you held with us, and I can then look further into this for you.

Thanks.

dpiqueres

Hi again,

Looks like you tried to charge me £6.60 for an apparent "account closure bill" that happened on the 10th of September.

As stated above I cancelled my account on the 8th of August by phone and have already paid the corresponding account closure bill.

Can you please amend this and stop trying to charge me? I wonder how many people you did actually charge and didn't notice...

Thanks,

David

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that.

We've passed this to the correct team for further investigation to get this credited off

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
arunjones14

Hi,

I cancelled my plus net account on the 15th September on the phone and received emailed confirmation that the service was ceased and i had no cancellation charge left to pay. However, since then I have been billed 29.98 for September and have just received an email saying i will be billed again for the same amount for October even though the service is terminated and my account says it has been closed on the account page

I though it may be an isolated issue but now I'm seeing there seems to be widespread issue of being charged after cancellation. And it seems plus net have been fined for doing this in the past

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, really sorry about that and I understand your concern and frustration. I've raised the matter with our billing team to get the charges removed from the account and ensure that's fixed as quickly as possible. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

Report them to OFCOM. They have done this before and got fined thousands for doing it.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

arunjones14

Hi adam, thanks for you help.

Since posting here I have received refunds for the prior months and been told my account will be closed. But still receiving emails and texts stating i need to pay for october even though I've asked to cancel and close the account. I received another email saying ill be charged more on top for a late payment if i don't pay in the next 3 days.

Is there a way to just delete or close my account instantly on your end. I've had to call several times and the issue seems to always come back up. I just want to be done will the hassle.

Anon
Pro

Not that I know of. Report them, they have form as I said above. You could flag this up on their Face Book page, they sometimes respond to that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @arunjones14

Sorry to see you're still being chased for money.

From what I can see your account is closed, so I've credited the outstanding balance off.

This should happen within 24 hours and I'd expect you to receive email confirmation.

I hope this helps but if you need any further assistance please let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marc_C

Hi.

I would also urge anyone with the issue to report Plusnet to Ofcom. I'm happy to give people the benefit of the doubt when a mistake is made but it I lose patience when my concerns are ignored or not taken seriously.

I left Plusnet back in July but have continued to be charged £18.36 for the broadband aspect. I have called numerous times to be told that the account has been closed and no further charges will be made. I have managed to receive one refund for Sept by cheque (they can't refund to my account despite taking money from it each month). They still owe me for August and Oct. The last phone conversation I had, ended with a supervisor saying he will personally investigate the issue. This was a month ago and I've still had no update. Last week I logged a complaint via the website and contacted Ofcom but still no reply from Plusnet.

I had an email last week telling me when November's payment will be taken but i have an email (and text) today saying that they were unable to take the money and asking me to log in to pay. While I'm happy they have been unable to charge me again I'm concerned that it will start to harm my credit rating if they continue to chase for payment (for a service I no longer have). We are looking to apply for a mortgage next year and I will be fuming if this harms my application!
NitroExpress

I have the same problem 

Plusnet Still Trying to Charge Me After I left in March 2018

I am a chargeable account but with no active telephone of broadband service how is that?.

PlusNet are still trying to charge me after I left them In March 2018 when my contract ended and I moved to another supplier. I cancelled my direct debit after my final payment in April to PlusNet but I received an email saying they want to take my monthly payment. I Phoned them but cant get through – sent an email but they said they don’t communicate by emails, opened a ticket but still no acknowledgement and still no emails acknowledging I have left. Now a letter of demand from both Plusnet and a debt agency – I have filled in a form to complain to Ofcom

Anon
Pro

Filled in the form and SENT IT, I hope!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Marc_C, I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had following the closure of your account.

I'm glad to hear payments have started failing as opposed to continuing to be taken from your account, although I'd much prefer for this to be sorted and have the account not actually request the payments, as I'm sure you would to.

Looking over the account, this is unfortunately being caused by a back end system issue which I'm unable to resolve, however I can assure you we're working to resolve this as soon as we possibly can.

I'd also like to assure you that this wouldn't affect your credit rating, as we do not credit check people upon signup, we wouldn't be able to affect your credit rating from what I've been advised by our billing team.

Hi @NitroExpress, to be quite honest, having looked back over your account I'm appalled to see how this matter was handled back in April when the services left but only the phone side of the account stopped.

I've escalated this with the relevant department to ensure these erroneous charges are written off on the account and with the debt collection firm that they should have never actually been sent to.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience these issues have caused for both of you. @Marc_C and @NitroExpress

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet