cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet service and support is falling apart

johan05

Plusnet service and support is falling apart

I opened a Plusnet broadband account  just over a year ago. I was very impressed in the efficient way my account was set up and the direct debit  speedily arranged . My inew nternet connection was intermittant ( to be expected on a rural landline) , being an engineer myself I quickly diagnosed the problem as excessive noise on the incomming line ( not my master socket or  equipment)  which I reported. It  took 4 weeks for Plusnet to arrange an Open reach engineer to confirm my diagnosis and anothe week to fix it!  No compensation for the loss of service. Finally I  had a troble free internet connection for a whole year  and correct regulat direct debits from my account.-- until my introductory bargain basement contract ran out.

Thats when the trouble began. I renewed bmy 12month contract, paying abour £1.00 more per month than the expired one delivered  This was all set up and the direct debits were taken, comensurate with the new contract rate ----- for just 2 months, then I started to be billed at full   non contract rate of about £33.00 pcm. I immediately contacted  Plusnet through thier phone help line - the "online"  menu based system is  frustrating to use - totally useless for such issues  - as there is no email contact either!!

Having explained my problem Plusnet account help person said  "Did you set up your new contract on line?" - yes was my reply. He then said well we have a problem and it has been lost or cancelled, he was not specific. He said  Plusnet will need to set up a "Repair Account" and I would be refunded any overcharge on my new (now cancelled) contract. All well and good - I was then passed to someone who took all my previous account details ( well it seemed that way!) and said that a new acount would be set up in 2 weeks and i would be transfered to ressume my new low rate contract . All sounded fine.

Next thing I receive an email saying that I needed to identify my landline number - as there were 2 numbers asociated with the account - or 2 numbers at the location of my router. "Please identify which phone line number to set the new broadband account to". All this information is available in my previous contract which Plusnet  have relayed back to me.

I was also issued a question number via email - asking me to define the required line number -- to which it was impossible to reply!!!! - got an "automated email" response saying it can not be used !! Grrrrr, Last year this  "question "system worked well with a button at the bottom of the  email saying "reply" - which allowed sane direct communication with the Plusnet persons dealing with  the problem

I contacted Plusnet once again via telephone help line - the help person  checked my previous account and said whoever was transfering my account was taking short cuts and not reading my  records carefully. He then said i will need a new router !!?

Why!!!?  - and what a load of rubbish -- and think of the impact this kind of problem has on our resources - thats another piece of "  high tech" due for landfill !! - nothing wrong with it worked perfectly  untill Plusnet screwed up my contract!

What worries me most being an engineer who works in the IT industry, was that the  friendly help guy said that the central IT system the Plusnet uses, is on the "verge of collapse", because of too many minor incompatibilities and poor system analysis . He explain that setting up a new user account when one fails , is totally frustrating for the customer in terms of the wasted time and poor communication service offered  - but  is the only safe way for the system to continue! Hence the Repair Account "  I wonder how many other online systems are simularly flawed.  I lost my online banking access in a similar way a few months back

I accepted the solution after he said everything will be sorted in 2 weeks and a new router sent out today - and put the phone down.

Gaaaaah  - I then realised that I had not specified which address to send my new router!! as it is different to my account address!. There is ABSOLUTELY  NO WAY to pass this information to Plusnet without suffering  going through the help phoneline again !! Why oh why is there not a  simple way for an account holder to simply directly message those that are dealing with your account problem, vial email  untill all is resolved!!?? In the phrase of Plusnets irritating simple minded advertising - "That'll Do"  So come on Plusnet - pull your finger out and live up to all  that very expensive TV advertising

It seems that all services we use are being steared towards online communication -often with no email contact, very poor illogical  and menu resolutions which offer no detail to allow simple questions to be asked. It costs  way too much in wasted time and frustration - welcome to the brave new incompetent digital world - and trust me - this is just but one example -   it will only get worse !!

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Plusnet service and support is falling apart

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @johan05, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sincerely sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your previous account resulting in the need of the set-up of a new account. Although we send out email notifications that inform you of any new ticket updates, unfortunately we don't receive replies sent to these emails. You can however comment on open tickets on your account and in regards to the postal address you need the new router sending too, please can you reply back to the ticket below confirming the postal address and we'll get this updated for you.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219194727

If the open ticket doesn't appear after clicking the above link with an option to add a comment at the bottom then I'd advise logging into the member center first and after doing so copying this address into a new tab. Feel free to give me a nudge on here after replying to the ticket and I'll get this picked up and adjusted for you. I look forwards to hearing from you further.

johan05

Hi Thankyou for your email reply with question number 219194727 asking for the delivery address for my new router.

Unfornately the " review question button" always returns the following:-

Sorry, but something isn't right

There was a problem with your question. Please check and try again

There was an error

We were unable to access your ticket information.

It simply does not work

You dont give clear instruction on how to deal with the question system vial email notification - When i had to use it a year ago it all worked perfectly. Am i supposed to give you my delivery address via this community ????

Why can I nor simply reply to yor "question"  email - as it is a direct communication with me as a (valued???) customer

Plusnet  really needs to get your IT sorted asap

regds

John

johan05

Hi Again BD

I followed your instruction  regarding clicking on thequion link contained in your reply

Both directly and by logging in  and opening a new browser page  using the same link

both again  gave me:

Sorry, but something isn't right

There was a problem with your question. Please check and try again

There was an error

rgds

John

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @johan05, thanks for getting back to us. I am really sorry for the issues that you are having trying to add a comment to the ticket created, I'm unsure what may be causing this but if not already done so I would advise to clear your cookies/ cache before trying again.

As you are having issues with the ticket, I have sent a text from the account that you can instead reply to and if you give us a nudge once done we will get that picked up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
johan05

Hi Again BD.

Just reviewd my account details  you hold on record - and they are not consistent with those that you had re-issued to me ( namely user name and mobile number) when my "repair Accont " was set up. Is this why the question ticket system is not working for me? Please reply - i am getting fed up with trying to call the helpdesk by phone and going through all the security questions, and never being able to talk with  the same help person!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us.

The username for the account will be on the email sent on the back of ticket @BD created for you, is this the one you are trying to use to log in to the account and view the ticket?

Have you received the text message that I have sent?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team