cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet send out e-mail and letters for payment even when account settled and closed !

BlackPearl
Grafter

Plusnet send out e-mail and letters for payment even when account settled and closed !

What a poor company Plusnet has turned out to be.

I switched to Sky and then the tail of failures started (SKY were great and the actual switch went without a hitch).

1) Plusnet raised a bill for the next months payment AFTER the switch date.
2) I called and customer support rep cancelled the DD arrangement and told me to do the same to avoid the payment
He said they would start the process of raising the final bill.
3) They created a ticket a few days later saying that they could not close the account as a DD was processing
and put it on hold for 7 Days !
4) I added a response to say the DD would fail as they had cancelled it and please raise the final bill which I would pay by credit card
5) A few days later they agreed and calculated the final bill and within 10 minutes of spotting this had been done
I called and paid it by credit card.
6) A couple of days later they called me to confirm that the account was settled and closed (I already knew this so not really needed)
7) Then a week later they send a somewhat threatening e-mail telling me they were unable to take final payment and if
I did not do this ASAP they would take further action to recover the debit (which was paid many days before by phone)
8 ) I called to complain and they said sorry it should not have happened as the account was settled and closed.
    I said too true but requested they look at there poor automatic system to ensure the fault is corrected
and did not cause undue distress to others in my position. To which they agreed and raised a ticket.
9) The last straw (2 weeks after I paid the bill) I receive a letter by post, again of a threatening nature,
saying I had not paid the final bill ...... TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER PLUSNET !!!!
10) I hope this does not reflect in by general credit score or affect any future finance I apply for. It would seem
settling my bills with great efficiency just does not cut it with your company who think they can just treat people
with contempt and threaten them with legal action.

I have posted this to alert other users thinking of leaving and moving to an alternate ISP that no matter
how you do it or how fast you pay your final bill Plusnet will hound you with distressing communications
after the event !
This just shows how poor they are now at customer support and what they think of there customers ... just numbers
and people to make money out of (even when they owe nothing).

4 REPLIES 4
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Plusnet send out e-mail and letters for payment even when account settled and closed !

Vodaphone have been given a heavy fine for the way they failed to treat customer complaints correctly.

Not much point a firm making big profits only to lose much of it in fines along with their reputation.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
georgemihov

Re: Plusnet send out e-mail and letters for payment even when account settled and closed !

Worst customer service Ever.Never have a promised 50£cashback.2 months now i am dealing with them and just wait for their respond week time before they comming back to me with the same e mail sayng that they will investigated.
Hopeflly they will end up like vodafone.
Ill get my cashback one way or another.
Kind Regards Plusnet customer
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I am sorry to hear about this @georgemihov,

Can you private message me your Username please so that I can investigate this further for you and see what is happening.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I have looked into this for you and I can see that you should receive the cashback cheque through the post at some point this week.