cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's poor customer service & attitude regarding renewal of my Fibre contract (customer 20yrs)

thekent
Dabbler

Plusnet's poor customer service & attitude regarding renewal of my Fibre contract (customer 20yrs)

I have been a customer of Plusnet for 20years (originally a Force9 customer).
Over these years I have always recommended them to friends as providing excellent & affordable service.

Today I received an email asking me to phone regarding renewal of my Fibre contract.
I phoned and asked about my renewal. However, the guy I spoke to advised that I could no longer renew my Fibre contract and unless I also included landline to make a "dual package" then I would have to find another provider 😲
I explained that whilst I had a landline, my provider for my landline is BT because I have a medical alarm connected to it because I live with a life threatening condition.  Whenever there have been landline issues in the past BT have attended within hours of reporting the fault because of my condition.
I have been a Plusnet landline customer in the past and I experienced many problems and there was no priority service for people with my disabilities.

I explained several times to Plusnet today that I wasn't in a position to change my landline as the medical alarm installed needs priority service.
Several times the advisor told me to either change or go elsewhere and they would not renew my Fibreoptic with them. He was very clear, precise and flippant that were the terms ...either take their Fibre and Landline package or go elsewhere and not to use Plusnet.

Gutted, stressed and quite frankly shocked at this call handlers attitude. I asked if I could speak to a manager about it and he said "Im working from home."

So, in short, during Covid its a case of "pay extra, put your medical alarm at risk or go away." 

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Plusnet's poor customer service & attitude regarding renewal of my Fibre contract (customer

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to My Account/ Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet's poor customer service & attitude regarding renewal of my Fibre contract (customer 2...

I'm so sorry about the poor experience you had when arranging a new deal with us. We're going to look into this, listen to the call and pass on some feedback. 

I'm also going to speak with our sales team on Monday to see what is the best we can do in terms of a new deal so please bear with me and I'll get back to you then. 

Do please let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thekent
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet's poor customer service & attitude regarding renewal of my Fibre contract (customer

I suspect that listening to the call will tell you everything you need to know.

The person I spoke to made Plusnets stance perfectly clear.

I await your response.

thekent
Dabbler

Hi Adam 

I have received an email from Alexander. I take it that this is your response as well?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @thekent,

I've picked this up for review as I'm afraid that my colleague, Adam, is out of the office today. I've seen the response you've posted to the support ticket and I've updated it with my own response now. I hope that it helps to clarify things, but if you'd like to discuss the matter further then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team