Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet refusing my £70 rewards card for signing up

rubix1942
Dabbler

Plusnet refusing my £70 rewards card for signing up

It just goes from bad to worse.

Not only have i had 4 engineers to actually get connected at the speeds promised...i won't bore you with the incompetence of one in particular engineer that managed to cut us off completely.

Anyway its now around 7 weeks and finally things are just about ok...so much for 'switching is quick and easy'.

But now after being promised the £70 rewards card for switching my broadband, they now have told me i didn't enter a code so wont get it. It's just nonsense.  I then asked if I could switch to someone else for free.  They told me it would cost be nearly £200 to switch, despite me having speed issues for 6 weeks and even receiving emails from them stating my speeds do not reach the speed guarantee.

20 years with my last ISP no issues, one month with PlusNet nothing but terrible service with horrendous customer support.

I feel in limbo, its took so long for me to sort out my broadband and the very least they could do is offer me what was promised.  Does anyone know where I stand legally as it just doesn't seem fair.

2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Plusnet refusing my £70 rewards card for signing up

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Plusnet refusing my £70 rewards card for signing up

Hiya @rubix1942,

I'm really sorry for the experience you have had and for the inconvenience this has caused.

This is not the start we would like any of our customers to experience and I can see that you have raised a complaint with our high level escalations team.

You will be assigned a case handler in the next few days who will contact you to discuss a resolution. 

Once again, I am really sorry.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team