Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet refuses transfer from BT

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Plusnet refuses transfer from BT

An elderly person related to one of our community group says that Plusnet refused his request to transfer from BT in order to save a fiver per month. I do believe that BT milks their elderly customers for all they can get because they are reluctant to move and even enter a new contract, so another of our community group is paying almost £100 per month for FTTP package which she doesn't need and mobile phone with big data allowance though she doesn't use data at all. She won't entertain any changes but she has so much money and no relatives that the cats' homes and the Chancellor will benefit in equal measure. However, is there any truth in this admittedly third-hand story of PN refusing transfers?

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Re: Plusnet refuses transfer from BT

Were they trying to transfer a landline (or Digital voice) service as well as Broadband ? That would explain it since Openreach have a stop sell on copper base phone services (WLR) and Plusnet are not providing a voip service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Plusnet refuses transfer from BT

Yes, perhaps that explains it, but difficult to extract the details from an old person (like myself I hasten to add)