Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet promise Refund of own money, but never pay them

NoreenRowe
Dabbler

Plusnet promise Refund of own money, but never pay them

06/09/18 Ordered PlusNet Broadband – paid £42.94

07/09/18 Up to four silent calls per day from PlusNet to my husbands mobile used to order the broadband

08/09/18 £42.94 shows on my bank statement

11/09/18 Returned one of the silent calls and it goes straight to PlusNet Sales and Marketing

12/09/18 email received stating error 501

13/09/18 Phoned PlusNet to find out what is happening and why PlusNet order error/silent calls

13/09/18 Told it was TalkTalk who cancelled the order and they do it all the time

13/09/18 [CSA Removed] invited us to take out another contract and he would personally see this one through – offer declined

13/09/18 Refund promised ([CSA Removed]) in 10 working days and silent call investigation

13/09/18 [CSA Removed] promised to ring back the following day with progress report – did not happen

14/09/18 Googled TalkTalk cancelling broadband transfer and found nothing

14/09/18 PlusNet number blocked on my husbands mobile as silent calls still on-going

14/09/18 Phoned TalkTalk – they deny cancelling broadband and pointed out that they had mailed us 3 letters on different days about the transfer, if they were to cancel the transfer then why not right away and save themselves the postages. TalkTalk confirmed that it was PlusNet who cancelled the transfer.

19/09/18 Told nothing had been done, so today refund initiated - in 15 working days

19/09/18 received email confirm refund initiated

05/10/18 Refund Cancelled and cancelled order reinstated without contacting customer

08/10/18 Rang PlusNet to cancel order reinstated without our permission

08/10/18 Told the refund will now be 20 working days

08/10/18 Received email confirming cancellation of our non-existent broadband will take place 22/10/18

08/10/18 received email apologising for the delay in actioning our requests, but that this is the earliest they could do it due to their system problems

14/10/18 Told that the refund of our own money is judged by PlusNet to be a fair and reasonable compensation

17/10/18 PlusNet says “we hold no direct payment information on the account in question” and therefore cannot refund you this way

17/10/18 Refund cheque promised will be with us in 3 to 5 days

17/10/18 Confirmed with our bank that the PlusNet Direct Debit exists and is still active

18/10/18 Advised PlusNet of Active Direct Debit, response “Not feasible, cheque will be with you in 20 days”

18/10/18 Confirmation of the 20 days delay of refunding our money as advised 09/10/18

18/10/18 Offered £10 compensation as full and final final resolution to your complaint

05/11/18 After 60 days, no contact from PlusNet to explain what has gone wrong/offer apologies/reasonable compensation

05/11/18 PlusNet email stating hoping you received cheque requested 17/10/18

07/11/18 Nothing received after 62 days

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

21 REPLIES 21
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Plusnet promise Refund of own money, but never pay them

Hi @NoreenRowe,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing.

I can confirm that I've spoken with your case handler [CSA Removed] and he'll be calling you this evening.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

NoreenRowe
Dabbler

No call back, as promised.  Day 64 and still no refund and compensation for aggravation.  Shocking!  

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

I am sorry you have not yet received this however I can see Wasim have updated your ticket here.

NoreenRowe
Dabbler

In trying to see the response, I have inadvertently resolved this question.

Can you please open it again

Thanks

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @NoreenRowe,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I've reopened the question now for you so that you can respond to your case handler.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
NoreenRowe
Dabbler

Day 70
No Refund
No Apologies
No Explanation
No Compensation

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NoreenRowe
Dabbler

09/11/2018

[CSA Removed] wrote

Thank you for your response.
Due to planned annual leave I was unable to respond to you. Please be assured a request for a sent to be dispatched was made and a colleague has tried to contact you but you were unable to discuss the issue.

I am waiting for an update from our billing operations team. Once, I have confirmation of the cheque not being dispatched I will make the appropriate arrangements for this to be dispatched.

This Question is now on hold until Sunday 11th November at 7:00am.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

NoreenRowe
Dabbler

13/11/2018

Plusnet wrote

I would like to reiterate that we cannot refund directly back to your bank account because the account is cancelled. Currently, I am awaiting for a response from our billing and operations team. If the cheque has not been dispatched or cashed as stated I will make arrangements for this to be dispatched with urgency.
I appreciate your patience surrounding this matter and will be in touch when a further update becomes available.
This Question is now on hold until Friday 16th November at 7:00am.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @NoreenRowe, I can see your case handler has go in touch with you via your ticket today here.

NoreenRowe
Dabbler

we have not received any any of the refunds promised 13/9/18; 19/9/18; 8/10/18; 9/10/18; 17/10/18

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@NoreenRowe, I can see you are in contact with your complaints handler. I'm afraid we are unable to help further on the forums.

NoreenRowe
Dabbler

This is now Day 74 of refunding our own money.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

You seem to have exhausted the polite route to get your refund in a timely manner, so you may have to consider using the Small Claims Court process.  There is now a trial of an on-line method of raising a claim - see the link in the MSE guidelines web page.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.