cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet or make it up as you go along net???

Mbrown5
Dabbler

Plusnet or make it up as you go along net???

I recently signed up for the plusnet broadband and weekend calls package advertised on the plusnet home page for £2.75 a month. As I only make calls at weekends and I paid my line rental for the year upfront I assumed my monthly bills would be £2.75 a month.
When received my first bill I was surprised to see it was £11.30 because I had been charged for weekend calls.
When I called the helpline they told me I couldn't have the free weekend calls because I had paid my line rental upfront and free weekend calls weren't included when I had the upfront line rental saving.  This didn't make much sense to me as I don't see how the two are related.  I was told I would have to pay an extra £1.50 a month to have weekend calls, I wasn't happy but reluctantly agreed and was then told my monthly charges would be £11.49 a month.  This came as a shock as £2.75 plus £ 1.50 is £4.25 where does £11.49 come from.  The call centre technician agreed I was correct and quickly ended the call.
The call centre technician didnt inspire me with much confidence so I decided to call again just to confirm what my monthly charges would be.  This time a different technician explained that I could have weekend calls included with my line rental saver but that it had been set up as line only and that it now was impossible to change.  Seems like a very poor show by plusnet that they are unable to correct customers accounts and the first technician was clearly talking rubbish.
I asked the technician if he would email me details of what my monthly standard charges would now be to save any further confusion.  He said he would,  I asked him to email me while I was on the phone so I could confirm I'd recieved it but he point blank refused to do this giving no logical reason.  He said he would email me as soon as I got off the phone.
Needless to say I am still waiting for his email, he told me his name was [mremoved] but given the level of lies from plusnet so far I doubt that it is.
My next months bill should be £4.25 but I'm guessing plusnet will have some other small print or excuse where they will be able to get away with charging me more.
I only moved from BT to plusnet to get away from this [Censored] but so far it's looking worse.  Come back BT all is forgiven.
jim:csa
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet or make it up as you go along net???

To clarify
When you take the Line Rental Saver you lose the weekend calls and you can't get them back.
However you can add Evenings and Weekends for a charge of £1.50 per month http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml#callPlans as already stated but not weekends only
Mbrown5
Dabbler

So technician no2 lied to me twice then?
Why is this not flagged up when you take out the order?
What has paying line rental upfront got to do with what call package you select? How stupid is that!
I'm guessing my next bill will be just as random.
What's his excuse for not emailing me when he said he would and why couldn't he email me while I was on the phone? Clearly he had no intention of doing so because plusnet can't be upfront and honest about what they charge.  I can see me cancelling the whole thing if this continues.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Agents don't email
They are supposed to put everything on a ticket which can be seen here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Are you sure the charge hasn't gone up from £9.99 to £11.49 (ie + £1.50 as expected) but in both cases a monthly discount of £7.24 is applied so the amount you actually pay was £2.75 but will become £4.25?
It's possible that making the account change has removed that discount, but if that is the case I suggest leaving things until Digital Care Team staff are here again on Thursday to review the problem.
David
Mbrown5
Dabbler

I like the way you don't bother defending the dishonest way of selling packages or your dishonest staff, its a bit embrassing isnt it.  Why promise to email me if they don't send emails?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You seem under the misapprehension that you've had a reply from a Plusnet employee - you haven't! These forums are moderated by customers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Oldjim
Agents don't email
They are supposed to put everything on a ticket which can be seen here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Not directly. However, when a "ticket" is raised or answered the content is sent by e-mail. So there was nothing preventing the agent raising a "ticket", the content of which would/should/could have been e-mailed to the o.p.. There was surely nothing preventing the agent doing that while the customer was still on the 'phone?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

which was why I suggested looking at the ticket as, although a ticket should generate an email sometimes it either doesn't or it doesn't arrive for whatever reason
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

It still doesn't excuse or alter that the agent should have done what was promised, whether on a ticket, during the 'phone call or soon after. If an e-mailed copy of the ticket is not generated then that's still down to PN's creaking and antiquated support system or the employee.
Mbrown5
Dabbler

No new ticket has been raised.  The agent said he would email me but refused to do so while I was on the phone to him. All I wanted was written confirmation that my standard monthly charge is £4.25 and not £11.49.  The agent agreed he would email this info after the call.  It was pretty obvious to me that he wasn't going to and now you tell me that agents don't send emails.  If something has been done in error then I can accept that but there is absolutely no excuse to tell blatant lies to customers. I won't call the help line again as there is no point if you can't believe a word the agents say.
I want written confirmation of my monthly charge to save any future confusion.  The fact that plusnet refuse to give me this information basically tells me that £4.25 won't be my monthly charge they intend to see if they can get away with charging me £11.49 next month.
I really don't like being lied to.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The agent *did* put this on a ticket (Ticket: 79207645) and you were sent notification of this to your @yahoo email address.
For reference:
Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) - £2.75 (for the first 12 Months)
Plusnet Evening and Weekends - £1.50 (starting from 29/01/14)
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mbrown5
Dabbler

The only ticket I can see on my account is 79140099 I can't see 79207645?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, that's likely because the ticket was added as a closed contact - if you view all closed tickets within a chosen time period on the page Jim has linked you to, you should be able to see it that way.