cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet not refunding my money when I applied during cooling off period

Hugelynx

Plusnet not refunding my money when I applied during cooling off period

So I signed up to Plusnet and paid line rental upfront but changed my mind and cancelled the switch within the cooling off period. Plusnet told me that I would receive a refund in 7 to 10 days.

I signed up on the 17th June so no refund after almost a month! (203542990). Even responding to my own ticket I get no response!

I have phoned several times but keep getting the same response, that I will receive my refund within the next week.

This has gone on way too long. Effectively Plusnet are illegally profiting of my money by keeping it and not honoring the refund.

Please rectify this immediately, I'm tired of the billing team being blamed without without seeing or hearing any action and no more excuses!

4 REPLIES 4
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Plusnet not refunding my money when I applied during cooling off period

How did you pay for the line rental?  If it was done by credit card then you do have the option to claim from your credit card company. If it was done with a transaction from your bank the you can talk to your bank.

Either way you have opportunity to correct the issue in your own hands. I would be telling the provider of the funds that Plusnett have repeatedly failed to refund over the last month.

Hugelynx

Line rental registration fee via DD. I think I will have to go to the ombudsman on this as this level of service is shocking! 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Hugelynx 

Why not just go to your bank and get an immediate refund under the DD Guarantee. It'll probably cause Plusnet issues but that is their look out, you will have your money back.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Hugelynx

Thanks for your time on the phone and your communication here. 

As we've discussed I've taken ownership of your complaint support ticket here and will be back in touch with you tomorrow with an update. 

Thanks.