cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet 'lost' my order for anytime calls

andypn

Plusnet 'lost' my order for anytime calls

Just joined plusnet. I think I made about 3 daytime calls and realised that I had spent nearly £5. I was going to review this towards the end of the month to see if I was anywhere near the 5 to make anytime worthwhile. So I immediately went through the product change to add anytime. to my account. Went through all the pages, saw the new monthly amount and saw that it would become active on 01-05-2014. Just looked today and the account still showed weekend only. Spoke to a girl at PN and she said there was absolutely no record of the upgrade and that it was completely impossible to change the account until 01-06-2014. Perhaps plusnet don't have any development staff who know how to use SQL? If they give me a log on perhaps I could do it for them?
I went through the process of upgrading to anytime while she was on the phone and again, I went trough all the same pages, clicked the same buttons and had the same confirmation page that I got to before, but obviously the date is now 01-06 not 01-05. Will I now have to wait until 01-06 to check my account to find out that that upgrade hasn't gone through again and that they have no record of it?
I think she pretty much inferred that I was lying, obviously without actually using those words, when I asked if she was going to refund the difference between all my May calls and the £5. She seemed to think her systems were completely infallible. Perhaps when the banking systems go down again and  nobody can use their cards the banks should all consider using plusnet systems.
So here I am with the lovely new plusnet having to go outside to the en end of my path to make calls with my mobile for another month as we don't get any real reception where I live.
I really wish I had never ever joined plusnet. You look at the prices and think it's a good deal, but then you add up the 99p for caller display, 2.50 for call waiting, 2.50 for call tranfer, the ENORMOUS call charges etc etc and it really doesn't look so good.
Complaint letter on the way (obviously without a stamp).
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet 'lost' my order for anytime calls

While waiting for a member of staff to pick this up
If you go to https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and select closed questions in the last 30 days - does anything show up
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi andypn,
Sorry to hear of the issues you encountered when upgrading your phone package to Anytime. Did you receive a confirmation email when you'd done this last month?
Unfortunately I can't see any evidence on the account that this was done as the advisor you spoke to pointed out.
I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the prices, however, they are stated on our website and you were advised when you signed up what the cost was for all the services that you'd selected. We advertise the basic package without any extra features because we don't assume that all customers want these optional extra features. You mentioned 99p for caller display, £2.50 for call waiting and £2.50 for call transfer but I can't see that you've opted for any other call features other than caller display.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: andypn
Complaint letter on the way (obviously without a stamp).

The Royal Mail might not deliver it!
Is not an intent to knowingly not pay for a consumed service theft?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.