cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet keeps demanding payment, but I have already paid. Twice!

johniathome

Plusnet keeps demanding payment, but I have already paid. Twice!

I have been a Plusnet customer for more than 10 years with never any kind of billing problems and never any late payments by me.

But I recently switched  bank accounts and inadvertently cancelled the Plusnet Direct Debit, resulting in an unpaid amount of £12.49.

So I logged on immediately and paid using my debit card. I got a screen saying "Thanks, you've paid the amount due..." and I have a print of this screen.

I also checked my bank account and in fact, I ended up paying twice, as shown on  the bank statement.

But Plusnet hasn't recorded these payments. They keep emailing and texting me to say that I still owe this sum. Every time I log on I am taken straight to a page nagging me to pay up.

I have rung up twice, and I have two tickets running on this issue (181888655 and 183403232). I have sent in screen prints from Plusnet ( "Thanks, you've paid the amount due...") and of my bank account too.

But nobody seems to be doing anything about this problem and Plusnet just keeps nagging me to pay.

On the phone the Plusnet support people say they have had a new billing system, and that may be the cause.

Has anyone else had this problem, I wonder?

The weeks drift by and nothing gets done. I am beginning to feel very fed up indeed!

2 REPLIES 2
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Plusnet keeps demanding payment, but I have already paid. Twice!

Hi @johniathome,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies of the lack of communication regarding this matter. I can have now escalated this to our billing operations team to look over and update this ticket here.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Plusnet keeps demanding payment, but I have already paid. Twice!

@johniathome wrote:

Has anyone else had this problem, I wonder?

Funny