cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet just can't seem to get this sorted

Nina14

Plusnet just can't seem to get this sorted

Please sort my account [Removed] why am I being persistently chased for money I do not owe and have proved it. From the day I joined to the day I left I paid all bills by Direct Debit except for the last 2 which I paid by card and have got proof from my bank. HELP

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Account number removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Plusnet just can't seem to get this sorted

Welcome to the community forums @Nina14.

I'm sorry to see that after your account was cancelled the account was passed to debt recovery in error.

Looking at the account, on 12/01/17 we flagged this up with the debt recovery firm that no amount was owed and requested the erroneous debt be written off. We then sent email confirmation advising you should stop receiving letters within 2 weeks of this date.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused, however there is no further action for us to take at the moment, however if you are still receiving communications regarding this after 26/01/17, please do let us know and we'll chase that up again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Looking at the account, on 12/01/17 we flagged this up with the debt recovery firm that no amount was owed and requested the erroneous debt be written off. We then sent email confirmation advising you should stop receiving letters within 2 weeks of this date.

however there is no further action for us to take at the moment,

Do you really think that is sufficient @HarryB ?

I would have thought that you would have advised the debt recovery firm that the debt was erroneous and TOLD them to discontinue chasing it immediately ,not REQUESTED that it was written off!. In addition I would have thought you should have WRITTEN to the customer apologising and offering some gesture in compensation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@MisterW wrote:

I would have thought that you would have advised the debt recovery firm that the debt was erroneous and TOLD them to discontinue chasing it immediately ,not REQUESTED that it was written off!.

I'm sorry if there's been any confusion in what I've said.

Requesting the erroneous debt is no longer chased is just a polite more professional way of Telling them to stop chasing it immediately.

What you've said you thought would happen is what has happened. However it does take time for companies to process things, in this case it can take up to 2 weeks for the debt recovery agency to wipe the debt off their systems.

@MisterW wrote:
In addition I would have thought you should have WRITTEN to the customer apologising

As I wrote in my initial response, I do sincerely apologise to @Nina14 for any inconvenience this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Thanks for the clarification @HarryB and I accept that you have apologised but it's quite a serious situation to mistakenly advise debt collectors. I would suggest that PlusNet needs to offer a formal apology, together with an assurance that there are no effects to any credit files.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@MisterW Thanks for the input.

You're absolutely right of course that @Nina14 is owed a full apology and I can see that Harry has already apologised for the situation and as always I also offer my sincerest apologies.

I'd also like to reassure @Nina14 and all of our customers who have had a similar problem that there should be no effect on their credit reports.

Thanks

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager