cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is just as corrupt as the rest of the providers

JamieVenables

Plusnet is just as corrupt as the rest of the providers

Angry I was misled to take out a 24 month unlimited contract and told that the I was NOT eligible for the current deal because the local junction box was ONLY surfaced by BT! when in fact I checked a new line that does not have plusnet and it showed the deal was available, also I started on a cheap deal to start with!  I shall be taking legal action against Plusnet to claim back ALL the funds they have screwed out of me and end the contract because the misled selling tactics! Angry
Unless they read this and make a direct amends within 2 weeks!
Jamievenables
27 REPLIES 27
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet is just as corrupt as the rest of the providers

Make sure you raise a ticket asap as all calls are recorded and they can review them to verify your complaint.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I'm not sure what you mean? You're in a Market 1 area which unfortunately means you pay the more expensive rate. Having said that, your monthly subscription has been discounted pretty heavily for the term of the contract.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JamieVenables

Dear Bob,
If you view my initial contract I was £3.25 for broadband and I inputted a neighbours details to verify whether the current discount rate would be accepted and it was (I could not use my telephone / address as it would automatically says I already have plusnet? I would like a FULL refund and my contract finished as my line as always been Market 1 at the start of my initial contract last year.
If this is not sorted I will have no choice but to involve CAB legal services to create a public court case?
The FACTS is ALL invoice details showing the £3.25 charge for broadband which was an offer at that particular time
Thank You
Jamie
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You were offered a reduced rate for a fixed period as an inducement to join Plusnet. Now that period has expired you revert to the normal rate - end of!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Jamie,
As Bob says, unfortunately you're not in a low-cost area so we can't offer the very lowest prices. The discount and contract we offered you was as low as we could go for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It's bad enough that new customers get subsidised introductory offers instead of lowering the price for existing customers - you can't expect to remain on an introductory rate after the offer period.  When you enter your neighbour's details (I hope you had their permission) then you will see the current introductory offer.
Do you expect to get an introductory rate for ever or do you just want me to pay for your broadband full stop?
Meh!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
JamieVenables

Plusnet is a dodgy company and I will see you in court! got all the evidence I need......I will expect compensation -
NO I DID NOT GET PERMISSION TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S ADDRESS I AM ABOVE THE LAW BEYOND THE GOVERNMENT
<snip>
The Avenging Angel Strikes AGAIN
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  potentially libellous statement  removed ]
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: JamieVenables
Plusnet is a dodgy company and I will see you in court! got all the evidence I need......I will expect compensation.

I reserve the right to remain confused in which case Huh
You are in a Market 1 area and thus should be paying £16.99 per month for your broadband. You're paying considerably less over a two year period. A /new/ customer in your position taking advantage of the current promotional discount would pay slightly less for the first nine months. After that they'd pay £16.99.
In summary, we've done nothing that makes us corrupt and I doubt the court would see it any differently.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jelv
Seasoned Hero

You signed up to an introductory deal and if you'd bothered to read all the information at the time you'd have known that when the deal expired you'd revert to paying the full price.
Plusnet have the right to offer you whatever price they like, you have the right to either accept or decline by moving elsewhere - that is the way the court will see it as your initial contract was for a fixed period.
If you take this to court you will lose and likely find yourself out of pocket with costs.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: jelv
You signed up to an introductory deal and if you'd bothered to read all the information at the time you'd have known that when the deal expired you'd revert to paying the full price.

Without going into detail, that's not quite the situation here. I think the OP is comparing a re-contracting/account change offer with what's available to new customers.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jelv
Seasoned Hero

You mean he's already been offered a deal below the listed price? Is this a wind up?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you ignore the promotional discount then yes, that's right.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

adagio
Grafter

@JamieVenables
AIUI if your posts are defamatory and damaging of PlusNet's reputation, they could, were they in a  vindictive mood, bring an action against you.
http://www.carter-ruck.com/Media%20Law/Questions_And_Answers.asp
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: JamieVenables
If this is not sorted I will have no choice but to involve CAB legal services to create a public court case?

So you expect me, and others, to subsidise you again.
You've got to be joking.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.