Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is destroying my credit score

FIXED
Zizzi
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Plusnet is destroying my credit score

I had a life mobile contract taken out in 2013 which subsequently went into default in the same year. And since 2016 I have plusnet declaring a missed payment every month for the last 6 year mind you the actual contract was with life mobile and since bought out by plusnet. I need to get this matter resolved ASAP as its been 9 years and its still showing on my credit file. Tried to speak to plusnet but they can't even tell me why this is still happening. My credit score is decimated.
18 REPLIES 18
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet is destroying my credit score

I can't really help but only sympathise.

I was with Life Mobile for a time but left them for elsewhere before PN took over.

I, too, kept receiving a monthly bill, eventually someone with an inkling of common sense at PN sorted it. It took about three months and numerous calls to PN. It did only get to the stage where they "threatened" to call in debt collectors and there were a couple of reports for non payment on my credit history. They were eventually removed.

In spite of having written proof from Life and giving that to PN, they still persisted in chasing money not owed to them! Computer says no.😂

However, I cancelled with Life so the account didn't default with them.

Just a side note - this "credit score" is a meaningless number and only seen by you. Potential creditors only see history.

Zizzi
Hooked

Sorry you were in the same situation, I didn't realise I was in default as I cancelled my contract with life and everything seemed ok at the time and not long after I moved house. So had no correspondence at all since 2013. Recently my credit card company ( which I had well before 2013) revised my credit limit going from £3000 to a £100 and apparently its to do with my credit report. So I signed up with Expira and found I have a missed payment of £104 being declared monthly. No one in plusnet seems to know how to sort this.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Have you raised a formal complaint with Plusnet?
https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

There is more information at:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services/billing-and-charges
https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications

It will no doubt take time and patience but you will need to persist.

Regards
Richard

Zizzi
Hooked

Thank you this is actually my next step. I'm hoping to get this resolved soon with the call centre has been really unproductive.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Zizzi 

I'm really sorry to see this. Send me a private message with your full name and mobile number, or full address including postcode if you don't know the mobile number you had anymore, and I'll get this raised to our credit team. 

Due to the age of the debt over 6 years, I suspect we can delete your account from the credit file completely. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Zizzi
Hooked

Fix
I have managed to fix by raising a dispute with Transunion. It's has been cleared from my credit report. Thank you for the taking the time to reply.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Zizzi 

I'm glad to see that Transunion have sorted it out for you and I'm really sorry again for what had happened.

If there's anything else you'd need help with feel free to get back to me

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

If the sim card are 30 days rolling no contract then it bit silly to have credit check. Because it isn't 2 years contract with new phone.

Plusnet should removed credit check for all sim card pay as you go on 30 days rolling contract.

La8mcl

Hi I have a similar issue did you manage to get this resolved ? Thanks
Zizzi
Hooked

@La8mcl
Hi I resolved it by raising a dispute with my credit report if you are registered with online credit report agency eg Clearscore, Experian etc you can request to have that removed by detailing why it's inaccurate.

In my case the debt is over 8 years old and still being recorded as a missed payment every month. Hope this helps
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

My credit file has been resolved year ago by plusnet and credit report but sadly they haven't resolved losing my credit score point. Stay there. Overall disappointed with no fault of mine but was plusnet own fault at their end. Nothing plusnet can do about my credit scoring went down and stay there.
Zizzi
Hooked

@goldenfibre
That's really odd, I saw my report jump up 100 points since it was removed
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Mine didn't. I am fuming now as you can see my credit has resolved but payment owe still sitting there at £25 with unknown now. The point haven't changed. It's been like it for year now.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Mobile Tech Help to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still