Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet internet not cancelled after switch

Jane353
Hooked

Plusnet internet not cancelled after switch

Hello,
Recently I switched to TalkTalk via Compare the Market. My go live date for TalkTalk was yesterday (16/10/) and I am indeed now being supplied by TalkTalk however I've noticed that my Plusnet internet is also still active and working at the same time.
Can you please cancel my service with Plusnet?
Thanks very much,
Jane
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Plusnet internet not cancelled after switch

Hi there.

From what we can see your account is closed and you aren't receiving any service from ourselves

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jane353
Hooked

Hello,

My bank account was charged £29.98 by Plusnet on 20/10/2018 despite the fact that the last day of service from Plusnet was on 16/10/2018.

Can you please look into this and issue me a refund?

Thanks very much,

Jane

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Jane353

It might be a lot faster to use the Bank's Direct Debit guarantee and get the bank to return the money. (there are multiple threads of people waiting a long time for refunds currently). Also the Plusnet staff have advised some customers to do that so it's not just my recommendation.

I wouldn't just wait on a post here either for a response. It would be better for you to have a paper trial and progress this through a Formal Complaint.

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/ and I would use the web form to give a clear paper trail. Insist on all correspondence to be in writing. Never use the phone or chat system for a complaint.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @Jane353,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're currently experiencing.

I have left a ticket on your account regarding your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further questions, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha