dhep1
Grafter

Plusnet have stolen my line

Plusnet have stolen (slammed) our business line
Where do i go now
Business 30 years old lost phone number / line and internet
This has been going on over 2 months
Crooks
jim:red All caps in title and Post corrected in accordance with this Forum Rule mod:end
29 REPLIES 29
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: PLUSNET HAVE STOLEN MY LINE

Hi dhep1,
Does this relate to your own account? When you migrated over, we retained your number from your old supplier.
Feel free to DM me an alternative username/elaboration on what happened and I'll try to resolve the issue.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
dhep1
Grafter

This relates to the fact you lost my phone number when I joined in november you now for the second time you have stolen the line for the business next door they were with xln until you took the line today without permission
dhep1
Grafter

<snip>
jim:green username removed but staff are aware of it mod:end
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Plusnet have stolen my line

Thanks for clarifying this. Though I have messaged a moderator to move the username to somewhere where the staff can still see it.
I will send a message to the individual that is looking after the account and I will ensure that they respond to the messages posted.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
dhep1
Grafter

This matter is now under investigation by OFCOM it seems plusnet can be fined 10% of turnover for slamming (stealing a line).
It was confirmed yesterday by a plusnet employee that you have the line.
This is going to cost plusnet as there is many £1000s of lost revenue and new signs etc.
How can you as a company steal openly like this.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I thought this sounded familiar - this is a crossed line fault - see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134551.msg1178338.html#msg1178338
"Stolen" is a rather inflammatory phrase for what appears to be a rather complex crossed line fault.
I wonder if the advice of getting cooperation of the other subscriber messed around by BTOR was followed?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dhep1
Grafter

Sorry  WRONG!
We have moved on after much ignoring from plusnet XLN managed to get the line back.
Now they HAVE STOLEN the line yesterday, they took the line from the business who are / was with XLN and nothing to do with plusnet,  WITHOUT PERMISSION leaving them liable for 10% of their turnover in fines according to OFCOM.
So STOLEN (SLAMMED) is NOT too much.
As well as the fine the solicitor say it will cost £1000s for new signs stationary as well as lost revenue because plusnet have LOST the number and left the business without a phone and internet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Rather than jumping up and down and accusing Plusnet of slamming (of which you have no proof), calm down and report the facts clearly.  It's obvious a mistake has occurred and it will take some unpicking.
The crossed line issue involved your daughter and 'the business next door'.  You changed your daughter's line to PN so would I be correct in assuming that that line is in your name?
You've said that this time 'Plusnet have stolen my line' so would I also be correct that the business next door is actually yours?  If so, is that line also in your name?  Mentioning this before would have helped!
If this is the case, it seems like a case of mistake by BTOR, almost certainly due to poor record keeping.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I thought this all sounded rather familiar....
A simple cabling mistake by BTOR (not PlusNet), proving difficult to correct (not helped by limited cooperation and useful/relevant information being omitted), compounded by a solicitor who sees a revenue opportunity where non really exists?  Lips_are_sealed
Where's there's blame, there's a claim!
dhep1
Grafter

No you are wrong
Totally plusnet they had no authority to touch the line like I said THEFT
picbits
Rising Star

So is this a fault caused by BT Openreach when they worked on your daughters line or have Plusnet taken over the line and started billing this business themselves ?
Can you please be clearer with your ranting as it is getting somewhat confusing.
dhep1
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Hi dhep1,
Does this relate to your own account? When you migrated over, we retained your number from your old supplier.
Feel free to DM me an alternative username/elaboration on what happened and I'll try to resolve the issue.
Matty
Quote from: HPsauce
I thought this all sounded rather familiar....
A simple cabling mistake by BTOR (not PlusNet), proving difficult to correct (not helped by limited cooperation and useful/relevant information being omitted), compounded by a solicitor who sees a revenue opportunity where non really exists?  Lips_are_sealed
Where's there's blame, there's a claim!

I am a director of the business that has nothing to do with plusnet they were NOT authorised to touch the line / number as far as jumping up and down they are costing us they admitted having the line so they will have to pay signs stationary lost trade 30 years this number was with this business.
Actually some idiot tried to get my daughters number that they lost initially and obviously took the business not checking the numbers or address !!!!
picbits
Rising Star

But in your original post you said that BT Openreach has messed up an install and joined your daughters line to your business line. I'm assuming this business line was your own line ?
Is that assumption correct ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've read all the posts and I still haven't a clue what is going on.
If the OP rants and raves and has as much clarity in his communications with Plusnet and XLN as has been demonstrated in the posts on here I'm not surprised it's a mess!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)