cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet have ruined my credit history and seem unable to fix it

F20_Kev

Plusnet have ruined my credit history and seem unable to fix it

Please help!

I'm a current Plusnet customer and for whatever reason that hasn't been disclosed to me, Plusnet failed to take my monthly direct debit 2 months running. These missed payments were paid as soon as I was made aware each month.

Plusnet have since seen fit to add 2 missed or late payments to my credit reference files which is now preventing me from getting a mortgage! This has been going on for 2 months and I cannot get a straight answer from anyone at Plusnet; normal response is the credit team are working on it or wait until your credit file is updated (which I have).

How can I escalate this as its a waste of time phoning customer services or emailing?  

5 REPLIES 5
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Plusnet have ruined my credit history and seem unable to fix it

Hi @F20_Kev,

I'm really sorry you've had issues with this. Can you please send me a PM with details of your account so I can investigate it for you. 

I'll need you to confirm the information below in your private message:

• Your mobile number
  • The full name on the account
  • The full address on the account

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

If you have online access to your report, you can try adding a notice of correction temporarily. In this, you explain what has happened, why and what is being done. Lenders are unable to auto decline an application and will manually review the application. As for PN,  A file can be updated by a company in seconds, my Wife was a Experian licence holder at Barclays and made corrections daily. Information Commissioner sounds like the place to be to hurry them up.

Mark

F20_Kev

Thanks for the info Marksfish.  I'd been told I needed to wait until until my record refreshes at the end of the month, which I did, and it didn't 😞 

I'd also been told (not by Plusnet) that adding a notice of correction can sometimes cause more issues as it makes lenders suspicious and can stay on your credit record for longer than the missed payment marker?

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Once the notice of correction has fulfilled its task, you can remove it. You request the correction be put on and remove it, when you are ready. It only stays on if you forget.

You can also log an error on the report online with the credit agency, but it depends on if PN use multiple agencies.

F20_Kev

OK, thanks.  Looking on Checkmyfile, PN are using Experian, Equifax and Transunion