cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet have been billing me for a service I never received

darrenhowe

Plusnet have been billing me for a service I never received

Hello

I spoke to someone in customer services on Tuesday when I found out that for almost three years after failing to install my broadband and my having to cancel my order, Plusnet have been taking money out of my bank account on a monthly basis.

Between April 2015 and November 2017 a total of over £400 has been taken, despite my never ever having received any services. 

When I was forced to cancel my order after three failed install appointments (where I lost money as a contract worker, by having to sit at home waiting for an engineer that never showed) I was told the account was closed and I would receive a full refund. This duly happened and I considered the matter closed. But then last week I randomly received an email confirming that a ticket I had raised with support had bean dealt with and my account was now closed.

Upon further investigation, I find that the month after cancelling my order and receiving my refund, Plusnet started DD'ing £3.99 monthly from my bank account. After three months this jumped to £14.99/month

The first customer services person I spoke to on Tuesday listened to my predicament and then proceeded to cut me off just as he was about to tell me what he would do to sort the situation.

The second customer services person didn't feel the need to offer any sort of apology, but said she would raise a ticket with billing and ask them to look into it. 

Four days later, I have heard nothing. Nothing! Almost three years of taking money out of my bank account - probably illegally - and instead of getting even a basic courtesy email or call to say that the matter was being dealt with and a refund would be forthcoming, I get four days of silence.

Plusnet have been stealing from me and they haven't even said sorry. They've just logged a ticket and ignored it.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet have been billing me for a service I never received

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear we've been charging you for a service you haven't had.

Unfortunately due to the length of time the account was created it's difficult for me to investigate the reasons why this has occurred as our notes/tickets go back 2 years.

I can see the adviser you discussed this with has worked out a refund and arranged for our billing team to send it to you. This team will pick the request up as soon as they can.

Please do accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet