cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet has the most horrendous customer service and practices

sotciv
Dabbler

Plusnet has the most horrendous customer service and practices

Hello, I do not usually make forums posts but I feel like my experience with Plusnet over the past year and a half has warranted it, and after multiple attempts and literal hours spent on the phone I simply cannot get through to the their telephone support team.

About a year ago I had to change address twice in short succession due to unforeseen events, at this time I was told I either had to pay a full cancellation fee of my remaining contract, or renew into a 24 month contract, just simply for moving home. I had to do this twice. When I moved, what I wasn't told was that I'd lose my reduced price that I bartered for staying with their service previously, which was £29 I believe - this shot up to the current £38.50+. (This is a really great way to treat a customer who had been with them for 2+ years and never caused any issues).

Right now I've been in my current home since last October, but since then I've had a constant intermittent connection, drop outs every few hours and random ping increases. I dealt with this until it came to a head early this year and I'd had enough, so I contacted Plusnet via phone - long story short they attempted different remedies which either didn't work or simply alleviated the issue temporarily, I'd had multiple engineers out, fixing issues at the exchange, new white box, ordered a new router etc. I was back on the phone 3 - 4 times over the course of a few months as every time they found another issues, sent someone to fix it, it popped up again.

Finally in April, after having many engineers out, being tailed around on the phone for months while the issues never went away, I'd had enough and phoned them saying I was not receiving the service I'm paying for and wished to cancel my contract early. I was led around in a circle being told that at this stage they couldn't find anything wrong, and that my connection hadn't dropped in over a month, which I can tell you from personally experience is a complete and utter fabrication. The lady asked me to try one last thing and that was an upgraded router, so I agreed to the ridiculous postage price and waited. Nothing arrived.

Due to being busy with life and trying to get a new home up to living standards I put off contacting again, but eventually did so this month. Firstly I asked if I could reduce my package size down to a cheaper one because with the current quality of their service I am not getting £38.50's worth - I was swiftly told it is not possible to lower down to a cheaper package while in contract (ridiculous), and then I inquired about why my router never arrived. The agent told me if I wanted another router sent out I'd have to pay postage, which I said I'm not paying for considering I did before and never received it.

This person adamantly refused to believe that I had not received the router, and I told him he can check the postage tracking as I'm sure a company like yourselves tracks everything, and there is more than likely a way to see what equipment I'm using from there (which is the old router + fibre modem combo, this has never changed). After being ignorantly told I'm basically a liar, put on hold multiple times and asking to talk to his superior, he came back and stated there was actually a problem with the dispatch, and said he couldn't authorize a new router to be sent for free, and said he'd put me through to the correct department. So I waited on hold for 25 minutes after already being on the phone for 40, only for the call to cut out before I could speak to anyone else. I haven't had the energy to call them up again since I'm honestly afraid I'm going to pop a blood vessel and go on a verbal rampage to some poor sap as a culmination of all this.

Apologies about this post being so long, but right now I am utterly furious at how I've been treated over the past year or so. Never in my life have I EVER encountered such a horrendous and ignorant company or "customer service", and had so many issues with an internet provider, and this was one I had generally positive experiences with during the first 2 years. It appears that after they've secured you into a new contract and you're no longer a new customer, you're treated like garbage and a liar.

After months and hours on the phone, I would like my damn router THAT I PAID postage for, and would like to know how much it costs to end my contract early, as I plan on leaving and never coming back, and I will never, ever in my life recommend this horrible provider to anyone. In fact at this stage I'm so angry I feel like actively going out of my way to dissuade people from it.

7 REPLIES 7
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Plusnet has the most horrendous customer service and practices

Hi @sotciv,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a negative experience.

Thanks for your patience whilst I investigated this on your behalf.

I've provided a response to the points you've raised here:

Please let us know if/when you're responded.

Best wishes,

Dave

sotciv
Dabbler

Hello Dave, again thank you for contacting me via here and email and looking into the issues I have been having to help resolve them, as I said there, you have no idea how much I appreciate being treated reasonably after all this hassle. I have sent a reply asking for some further information and look forward to hearing back from you.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @sotciv,

At anytime you need any assistance feel free to let us know. I have updated the ticket on your account with a response, it is visible here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
sotciv
Dabbler

Thank you, I have responded to the ticket, look forward to hearing from yourselves.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @sotciv.

Thank you for replying to the ticket. I have picked this up and provided a response, there's just a few things I wanted to clarify so if you could let me know once you've replied, I will pick this up.

You can view the response here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
sotciv
Dabbler

Thank you, I have replied to your response in the ticket.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thank you. I will pick this up for you now. 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team