cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet has gone downhill

john10001
Grafter

Plusnet has gone downhill

Plusnet has really gone downhill. My download speed was cut from 60 mb to 45 when I am paying for up to 76 for the last 17 months. This is absolutely 100% Plusnet throttling my speed. I have no changed anything at my end and even over a wired connection, it is now only 45 mb. That really is unacceptable.

Also, Plusnet has for some time now been hiding things behind dark patterns to deflect you from contacting them and they instead push you towards their knowledge-based articles that provide you with no help whatsoever when it is something you need to talk to them about.

Why can I no longer email Plusnet or raise a ticket for example to do something simple like cancel the BT Sport app? Why is there no option I can just tick to do it on their website and remove it?

It is absolutely ridiculous. I instead have to phone them up instead where I will be on hold for a long time before someone answers.

Sadly it is not only the actual service that has deteriorated but the customer service as well. I suspect in a few years that Plusnet will no longer exist and they will just merge it into the parent company and move everyone over on an initial deal before the prices go up considerably.

3 REPLIES 3
Meeckle
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet has gone downhill

Sadly, I can do nothing but echo your sentiments. I have had a horrible time since upgrading to fibre 18 months ago, trying to get billing sorted out that entire time which they acknowledge is their issue, then they tell me they still can't fix it so want me to call (can only call, absolutely nothing else will work) to set up a brand new contract with them,locking me down to them for another two years of hell, or they will terminate my account by mid November since they can't bill me on it.

How can they suddenly bill me for a brand new contract with them on the same phone line, using the exact same equipment, using the exact same bank account, all within a couple of weeks, but taking money for my bills for the account I have right now and have done for 18 months has apparently been impossible for all of this time? My order went through fine when I upgraded. My equipment works fine. They were able to take money for my FILs account just fine up until a few months ago when it was closed and ended, same bank account as the one for mine, now they want a new contract out of me after me trying to sort this out with them for the last 18 months and me being ignored by them unless I made my complaints public on here?Huh

Now I'm leaving (literally in the last week) I've had three different stories from them in writing. They would bill me no more than 125. I'm liable to pay for the remainder of my contract since I'm leaving early (around 6 months worth). And they will not charge me at all since the fault is theirs. They consider my current contract terminated as of 18th November anyway.

So, they can't bill me. But they can bill me.
They can't answer emails. Or twitter dms. Or posts on here. But they can send thinly veiled threat letters out to my house now I'm voting with my wallet, literally every few days. They can't answer my complaints unless I complain regularly and publicly, but they can write to me by snail mail and demand that I call THEM. And phone call is the only way it can be sorted out. Literally how they worded it. But they want me to feel valued enough as a customer to stay with them for another two years, so valued that I would call upon immediately reading that first letter I would call straight away to set up a brand new contract. Even though they are aware that their customers, including myself, are aware that BT are in the process of, if they haven't already completed on taking them back, and I joined PN in the first place because BT were so horrendous and this is literally jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Anyway, my apologies for hijacking your thread, truly. Not one soul has responded to mine, and no one had responded to yours even though there are a few of us who are unhappy and I'm seeing claims of posts being deleted without explanation. I'm getting the feeling that voicing your displeasure with PNs conduct on these boards isn't the done thing here. But you are definitely not alone.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ John1001,

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties contacting us, I appreciate your comments. We have seen high volumes of contacts recently so I apologise if this has prevented you from getting through to us.

I can see you have since contacted us about your BT Sports App. If there is anything else you would like us to look into please feel free to contact us here.

Thanks - LF

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ Meeckle,

Thanks for getting in touch here, I appreciate your comments and apologise for any issues with your billing. I have answered your query in your other post.

Please feel free to come back to us here if you have any further queries.

Thanks - LF