Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet failed to send reminders for expiry of contract and Line Rental Saver

dags
Dabbler

Plusnet failed to send reminders for expiry of contract and Line Rental Saver

Dear Plusnet

On 21 March 2019 I received the usual email with my monthly PlusNet bill but was surprised that it was about £20 more than usual. On investigation I discovered that I had been charged the undiscounted rate for my package and also for line rental even though I was on a contract and had paid for Line Rental Saver. On phoning PlusNet I was told that I was out of contract. I explained that I hadn't received the usual email reminder(s), which PlusNet promise on their website to send. I said that I would be happy to renew the contract and pay for Line Rental Saver but thought that PlusNet should reimburse me the difference between the discounted amounts that I would have paid under the contract and the Line Rental Saver and the undiscounted amounts that I had been billed for. The first agent I spoke to (Nicholas) apologized and said that PlusNet would consider the situation once I had decided what new contract to go for and had called back. When I called back and explained the situation to the second agent (Faisal), he also apologized but said it was too late to do anything about the bill and the only thing I could do would be to renew the contract and pay for Line Rental Saver. I therefore renewed the contract for 24 months and offered to pay for Line Rental Saver. However, he was unable to take payment for Line Rental Saver -- apparently because the system said it was already paid for. He then said PlusNet would sort that out and that someone from PlusNet would call me about it the next day (22 March). No one did.

I would like (1) to complain about PlusNet's failure to send the usual reminders and ask the reason, (2) not to have to pay any more on my latest bill than I would have done if the reminders had been sent and I had renewed my contract and Line Rental Saver, and (3) to know what the situation is with regard to my Line Rental Saver, which I have not yet renewed for the reason explained above.

1 REPLY 1
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Plusnet failed to send reminders for expiry of contract and Line Rental Saver

Hi @dags, thanks for your post.

On checking the account, I can see that the LRS was processed and is due to kick in on 21/04, with the fee being added to the next bill.

As I can't discuss billing information in any detail via the Community I've just sent you a ticket, accessible here.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need anything else at all, we're only a click away.