cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet deny i have a contract.

grimples
Grafter

Plusnet deny i have a contract.

Plusnet are denying i have a 2 year contract.

My memory is not so good but i remember this deal i made & there is no
mistake. The story is, i phoned plusnet to tell them i am leaving if they do
not match another providers yearly line rental which was £124, the best they
could offer was £132 under the condition i agree to a 2 year contract which
i did. Plusnet's yearly line rental at the time (june 2015) was either £152
or £154.

#email from plusnet 13/06/2015 11:34.

Dear Mr Lane,
Account username: grimples
We're sending this email to confirm the details of your new contract.

Your new contract
=================
Your package will be subject to a new 24 month contract.
This will take effect from 21/06/2015.

#email from plusnet 13/06/2015 11:37.

Dear Mr Lane,
Thank you for your call today. Please keep a copy of this e-mail for your
records. As discussed, Ive made the following changes to your Plusnet
service:
Your estimated line speed is 4.5mbps, however this may vary due to the
distance from your exchange, quality of your phone line, traffic
prioritisation and management policies amongst other factors.

A breakdown of your monthly bill is as follows:
Unlimited broadband service: 1.95 per month for 24 months then 9.99 per
month thereafter
Line rental: 132 annually (we will honor this  price when it comes to
renewal )
Line Only Call plan: 0 per month
Total 1.95 per month on a new 24 month contract

What defines 'Package'. I want to know because i am really tempted to take
some kind of action, my blood is still boiling.

Please note: "Line rental: 132 annually (we will honor this  price when it comes to
renewal )"

8 REPLIES 8
grimples
Grafter

Re: Plusnet deny i have a contract.

Am not too quick sometimes. Just noticed my BB is £1.95, my bill has been £2.99 for the last year & i have no extras afaik. I have been advised to email Trading Standards & have just done so.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi grimples welcome to the forum 

Hopefully it will not come to needing to involve trading standards , i am sure one of the PN team on here will resolve it for you .

On your email you received with regards to your contract , was there a ticket/question number on it ?

If so i would advise ringing up giving them that number so they can clearly see what what was agreed.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

grimples
Grafter

from email 13/06/2015 11:37.

"Our Support Team have opened Question 105770609"

I have already emailed Trading Standards an hour ago as i have already explained everything over the phone yesterday to a manageress, she would not acknowledge the contract & as you can plainly see it does exist.

I suffer from chronic anxiety, depression, paranioa, obsessive thinking & this situation is now causing me great distress. My internet access was limited yesterday & i got myself into a right state because if i dont prove to the DWP that i am searching for work online they will sanction my benefits next Wed when i sign on.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi grimples,

From looking into your account and investigating this further you do not have a 2 year contract for your line rental saver. The reason why you do not have this is because it is physically not possible to apply 2 year contracts on line rental saver packages as they are only contracted for 12 months at a time and would need to be renewed if you we're looking to carry on for another 12 months.

grimples
Grafter

Line rental: 132 annually (we will honor this  price when it comes to
renewal )

PN still have to honor me with the price above (£132) as you can see from the statement, or is it PNs policy to tell lies to customers to keep them, which is what appears to have been done here if you surely state there is no 2 year contract on the line rental.

I am patiently waiting to see what Trading Standards has to say, i have also been advised to contact the media, they love stories like this. I will also be looking into what other groups i can contact regarding this situation if i do not get that price. I am not a happy customer.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Although the advisor shouldn't have guaranteed the price for line rental saver, it is quite clear on the ticket that he has and we would honour this at the price of £132.

I believe there has been some confusion In regards to the "(we will honour this when it comes to renewal)" this is referring to the second 12 months of the 24 month contract, should you chose to renew LRS. Unfortunately LRS would not renew automatically.

grimples
Grafter

So are you stating that i will get that price (£132) then Ben.

I have paid this months bill at full price which i am not happy with, i live on £68 pw. The nice lady on phone is going to call me on 18/19th July to arrange next years line rental as i stated i would have to bow down & pay the £185.88 but as you can see i am having second thoughts on that. I did not want to go through the hassle of changing emails & providers all over again & having PN chasing me with debt collecters for cessation fees etc. Anxiety is a terrible thing to live with.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As stated in my previous reply we will honour the line rental saver at £132 and I have informed the agent in which you spoke to yesterday regarding this information.