cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet d/d refund

simonhaswell78

Plusnet d/d refund

Hi,

A couple of months ago, I moved broadband & phone services to BT. However, it would appear that somehow Plusnet failed to process the cancellation fully. Plusnet continued to take £18 via direct-debit for supposedly the broadband service, despite the phoneline service being cancelled. 

I didn't realise this for the first month, only when I received an email on 7th October informing me that my next bill was ready did I realise. 

Using online chat, I explained the situation and got them to cancel the next bill but was told that someone from billing sort out the refund for the previous month and to expect an email. I have not received this email or seen the refund in my bank account.

A quick search seems to suggest this is quite a common issue. Please can someone sort out the refund please.

Many thanks,

Simon

10 REPLIES 10
simonhaswell78

Re: Plusnet d/d refund

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced issues with your account closure and payment.

I can see that you've raised this with my colleague and that they've escalated this to our billing team on your behalf here. As soon as we have an update regarding the refund of your over-payment we'll provide it via that ticket.

Thanks for your patience whilst we get this sorted.

Best wishes

Dave

gerrarda
Dabbler

I’m still waiting for my refund of £39 after chasing up too many times! Please don’t simply update my ticket saying you’ve chased up billing as it appears no one from billing will read or action it. What do I have to do to get my money back? It’s been almost 6 weeks now that you keep saying I will be refunded
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @gerrarda

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I've updated the open complaint ticket on your account here. Please let me know when you have responded.

Best wishes

Dave

gerrarda
Dabbler

@RandallFlagg I’ve responded to the question
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @gerrarda,

I have updated your ticket accordingly. You can view it here.

Please let us know one you've responded here.

gerrarda
Dabbler

@Mads - I read you response. Please don’t waste any more of your or mine time in responding again. Arrange for a senior member of your team to get in touch with me please. You obviously are missing a load of the historical tickets to think that £25 is acceptable compensation for your companies many failures. For some reason you are only taking communication from the 20/9 into consideration
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @gerrarda,

Your complaint ticket has been updated

here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

simonhaswell78

Hi,

I am looking for an update on the status of my refund. I posted a comment last week to the ticket that you linked above (here). Since I haven't heard anything or seen a refund, I checked the ticket and it would appear that my account has been closed. I cannot add any further comments.

This is pretty appalling service - the least I would expect is a response to tell me what is happening. Please can someone check what is going on and let me know when I will get my £18 refund.

Many thanks,

Simon

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @simonhaswell78, I am really sorry to see this is the case and apologies for the length of time this is taking to resolve for you. I have updated your ticket here and send a copy via email just in case you are unable to view it.