cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet cutting off vital lifeline

lv73
Dabbler

Plusnet cutting off vital lifeline

I am fully paralysed and Internet is my only way of communicating. indeed I have to type using a device that tracks my eyes. Plusnet has put a block on my Internet saying I have not paid my bill however I have an active direct debit on my bank account to pay it. it has sent me a link to pay it but because of the block the page does not load up. I can only load certain pages. I had no warning about the payment not working and you have left me in a very dangerous situation as I live alone and no way to contact in an emergency. please put my service on fully asap so I can pay it but I will be reporting it higher up as what you have done can mean life or death to me

22 REPLIES 22
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Plusnet cutting off vital lifeline

Moderator's Note(s)

I have escalated this thread to the Superusers.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

lv73
Dabbler

I would also like to add that I have motor neurone disease that is a terminal illness and that I can choke to death at any time. I need access to the Internet and communication 24/7 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @lv73,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry that your account was restricted. I appreciate your comments about how this has affected you and I apologise sincerely for this.

I have responded to your query here.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@LordFoul wrote:

Hi @lv73,

I have responded to your query here.

Does this mean that the customer is safely back on line now?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lv73
Dabbler

yes back on line now. although still no idea how to pay the bill. direct debit saying awaiting activation and email saying to pay doesn't work 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hi @lv73

So glad to know that at least PN have got you back on line - I also have significant mobility problems and rely on t'internet for much of my communication needs.

Your problem appears to be yet another new facet of the ongoing billing problems for PN to resolve.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @lv73

I am pleased to hear you are now back online. We have updated the open support ticket with further information on how to pay.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
lv73
Dabbler

like I have said before the email link isn't working also why are you not taking the payment via my active direct debit? seems that the problem is with plusnet end 

lv73
Dabbler

I want to add that it's my bank account that says the direct debit is active. plusnet billing page says direct debit is awaiting activation even though it was plusnet who set up the direct debit in the first place 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response, I'm sorry for the issues you have had with your direct debit.

I've updated the open support ticket with further information.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
lv73
Dabbler

I have just been restricted again. your company is becoming dangerous to me and I just started a contract with you in December. surely you can't hold me to a contract that you keep cutting off. shame on you when I am on the vulnerable list on your website. 

Mav
Fixes: 514

@lv73

I have escalated this again.

Hopefully a member of staff will pick this up soon.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @lv37 

I have made some changes which should resolve this issue, could you please confirm if you are now able to use your services again? 

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 

Alisdair 

lv73
Dabbler

yes it is back on again. but for how long ? and the bill was supposed to be cleared.