cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet customer support is a joke

bigblue22
Dabbler

Plusnet customer support is a joke

I have a place in The Highlands which we use at weekends, the telephone and broadband have been down since the 1st week in January, last time this happened it was down for  7 days, took Plusnet 3  days to correspond my support question, I did say I would leave at this point so another week past but gave them a chance to sort the problem, they arranged an BT engineer to visit the premises, I drove 100 miles to meet him, he didn't show, another 3 days before Plusnet replied to support question, half hearted apology from them and blamed some system error for BT not showing  Grin They then offered for another BT engineer to visit which I politely refused.
I cancelled my DD as I'm not paying these jokers another penny, I also got my bank to return the last DD payment to me as I'm not paying upfront for a service I don't have.
Then I get a bill for non payment  Grin and en email saying outgoing call are barred  Grin
How can you block outgoing calls on a faulty phone line?
I think Plusnet need to sort out their internal support.
Goodbye Plusnet, I look forward to all the letters threatening me with non payment, please send them  as I'll need some evidence for Ofcom should the need arise. Clearly your service level on this issue speaks for itself.
I'll also be sending you an invoice for my wasted  time and petrol costs.
17 REPLIES 17
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet customer support is a joke

Did you formally cancel the service with Plusnet and receive confirmation with them or did you just cancel your payment while they were still providing the service to the exchange ?
You may well find you lose in court if it goes that far and your credit rating is affected. While you may feel you have the moral high ground, contracts and T&Cs can be very hard to challenge in court especially if PN have gone by the book / BTOR claim exceptional weather circumstances etc.
While good to vent as you are, take a step back and look at the overall hassle this may cause you in the upcoming future.
bigblue22
Dabbler

I sent a letter of cancellation, never got a reply.
picbits
Rising Star

With your letter of cancellation, did you include the payment for the rest of the contract ? Was this banked ?
Did you send the letter by recorded or traceable means ?
bigblue22
Dabbler

I'm used to dealing with creditors, my credit rating is about as bad as it gets.
picbits
Rising Star

Sad Hopefully you get it sorted one way or another.
MrJasinski
Dabbler

With the information you've given us, seems PN have done nothing wrong
bigblue22
Dabbler

So do you think PN taking days to answer support questions is ok? No show BT engineer acceptable?
dick:quote
bigblue22
Dabbler

I have BT coming next week to install a new phone line. End.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Since its the same lot of "engineers" -BT Openretch -what makes you think they are anymore likely to arrive?Huh
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: bigblue22
I have BT coming next week to install a new phone line. End.

The problem is it won't be.
It sounds like you're breaching your contract with PN by cancelling all payment without their permission and while still in contract.
PN are 100% reliant on BT Openreach to come out and fix faults. They cannot book a different engineer as is the case with any other ISP who use the BT copper system.
Unless Plusnet made a serious cockup and are in breach of their own contract, they will be quite entitled to chase you for any money left on your contract. They are also capable of putting a stop on any move to a new telephone line provider while your line is under contract to them.
It may not get that far, it may have been a Plusnet mistake as to why you drove 100 miles to meet an engineer who didn't turn up but as I said above, contract law is a very tricky subject to deal with and unless you are convinced you have a 100% watertight case against Plusnet then you could find yourself with serious issues.
bigblue22
Dabbler

Grin
I'm getting a new line and number.
Like I care about legal action, been through it several times with other companies, never paid a penny and still receive letters years later from various debt collection agencies.
Don't bother replying, i wont be back on the forum again.
Bottom line - Plusnet support is [Censored] [Censored]
dick:quote
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bigblue22,
Sorry to hear about the issues you had with your phone service. If you wish to cancel then you need to speak to our Customer Options team so that they can cancel your account down. They're available on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197 Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays) and Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm.
alan4heidi

Have you ever tried ringing these phone numbers  they are a total joke and waste of time and money . I have been trying both numbers for 3 weeks now at great cost [ phone bill arrived today which i shall take to my solicitor tomorrow it lists 112 phone calls to the numbers you have listed on here  not got though once ,,trading standards and ombudsman best advice
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  All caps changed as per the Forum Rule ]
picbits
Rising Star

Alan - what number have you been ringing ?
Plusnet use a freephone number so it shouldn't have cost you anything unless you don't have access to a landline (in which case you wouldn't have broadband with them).