cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet claim theyre incapable of using BACS or FASTER PAYMENTS to refund £170 to 'at risk' Customer

notlovedback
Dabbler

Plusnet claim theyre incapable of using BACS or FASTER PAYMENTS to refund £170 to 'at risk' Customer

Re:

Question #133367507 (for the benefit of any staff here interested in addressing this )

Apparently after researching out of necessity I have found out through ofcom that the only consideration that plusnet take into account is the consideration of what is commercially advantageous for them when issuing refunds for mistakes like wrongly taking a large sum of money from a customer who tried to move accounts / cancelled the day fled a domestic abusive situation whos safety of her and her child was at risk... 

Further to breaching their contract ./ admitting mistakes / committed to refund ... gave the impression the accounts department would be in touch next working day to arrange how the refund would be made after being fully informed of failing to do so would further distress and financially compromise the family desregarding any destabelising effect their actions would have if they failed to show due care, or failed to see the importance of expiditing their process when rectifying and refunding £170 of vital family resources.

Customer service to date have served only themselves and absolutely do not act in the interest of customers they fail. 

The best word to describe the attitude is OBTUSE. 

My question is would someone please enlighten me on how to bring this grossly negligent saga to the attention of the closely guarded CEO Andy Baker or the executives office where my concerns may actually fall on the ears of a person who has a social and moral compass in the unlikely event that kind of person exists in the corporate world then Id make do with one that  can sniff out a potential negative social media pr blunder in the making and would like to prevent it)

Ive lost the will to live getting through to anyone with decision making capabilities who arent trying to cover their own backs let alone getting through to anyone at all under 40 mins

Many thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
notlovedback
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet claim theyre incapable of using BACS or FASTER PAYMENTS to refund £170 to 'at risk' Cust

Wow . yet another fine example of how plusnet really #Loveyouback

Are there really no staff here that have any motivation at all to even politely acknowledge that someone is listening?? 

Even if you cannot offer a solution being on the inside gives you an advantage where you can allert someone with integrity enough to give this issue the attention it needs.

Is that too much to ask.? 

The manager has again not called back nor responded to the ticket nor made any efforts to actually get anything done. 

I have run out of options .. and exhausted by chasing the refund of money urgently needed.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet claim theyre incapable of using BACS or FASTER PAYMENTS to refund £170 to 'at risk' Cust

Come on Plusnet - this one needs urgent attention.

@adamwalker @Chris @MatthewWheeler @HarryB @MattyC @BenB @Anoush @bobpullen

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
notlovedback
Dabbler

Thank you jelv, your efforts are very much appreciated..I actually got emotional that a stranger noticed and took action Xxx .... silence is an insideous form of reply to reason whether through ignorance, education or on purpose. Either way on a commercial level ..like this .. it's inexcuisable and shows utter contempt.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thank you for getting in touch with me and I apologise for the issues you are experiencing with your account.
I can see that your issue is currently in the hands of one of our managers who tried to contact you today. It appears he has taken personal ownership, so he should be contacting you again.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
notlovedback
Dabbler

Thank you for coming forward.

You can read too. Wink

[CSA Removed] - CSC - Team Managers
1:18pm, Tuesday 20 Sep 2016
Dear Miss x

Please accept my apologies for the delay in picking this up. I had tried to call your mobile however the line was engaged.

I will try to call again later today.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
He was first made aware Saturday by Nicola via email.....she would not put me through to him yesterday and claimed after a lengthy and vapid conversation with a talking head she would put it back into his hands ...'(wasn't he holding it in the first place?) Then he rings my old mobile number still on record ...as I was here all day on the internet researching plusnet and a stratergy for finding someone capable of making a decision and delivering intelligent solution without imploding but took only two
calls ..both from my bank and neither at the time above. ....it's pretty insipid to have failed to attempt the phone call he vaguely committed to as well. V.poor.

I also agree that yes ....you are right he really should speak to me.
Thanks though.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

notlovedback
Dabbler

Apologies for not removing manager name. 

11.04 ... manager now has both my mobile number that's active and land line. 

Still no contact.

notlovedback
Dabbler

And still NO phone call to either mobile or landline .. public companies that operate a service in exchange for money have a duty of care to the at risk demographic. Falling into that catagory for british gas among others the witholding of such a large amount of vital funds is negligent.  The incompetence and failure to act appropriately and transparently in a timely fashion according to circumstance sends a clear message that customer care is really at the bottom of your list of priorities.   

Inaction to correct with urgency or sense of social or moral compass is a disgrace

Shame on you Plusnet

notlovedback
Dabbler

Can any members of the above plusnet staff get the manager to do his job and call me or better still locate someone with integrity and the ability and desire to swiftly address this to the end. ? 

Another day of day of silence at this stage is incomprehensible. 

notlovedback
Dabbler

Can any of the above staff for plusnet take action in some way to either get the manager to do what is necessary or failing that aproach someone with integrity and decision making capabilities with a sense of social awarenes with their moral compass pointing in the right direction to take the reigns here then see through to a swift and painless end. 

Another day of silence at this stage is absolutely incomprehensible. 

Plusnet have already admited their mistake and by their own words agree the refund is a large sum of money... to me is the difference from eating or not at the end of the week. 

this is the second time for me to post this im sure .... how can i tell if someone has deleted a post ... and if they have why? 

Or am is that another tactic to enrage and confuse?

notlovedback
Dabbler

Ok third time lucky ....

my two previous posts have been deleted ..im assuming it was for using all of the mods names as jelv did above .... 

I asked all staff members online were able to enlighten me if they were in a position to establish why the manager has still not done his job....ive had another day of silence and zero comments in the ticket. 

If being unable to assist nudge the manager to do his job after @Anoush mentioned he had 'appeared' to have taken personal ownership then would any of you have the means to contact someone who 'gets things done' who gives them the impression that they would go out of their way to wrong something plusnet has done to cause me and my daughter so much financial worry stress and unecessary disrespectful poor attitude from the begining of my resolving this.

Ive had another day of absolute silence ...to remove this coment would be a very insideous act indeed.

thanks in advance 

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

@notlovedback wrote:

Ok third time lucky ....

my two previous posts have been deleted ..im assuming it was for using all of the mods names as jelv did above .... 

No, they all seem to be there, maybe something about the way you are using the forum means you don't see them? No evidence of conspiracy, honest.

Anyway, good luck in getting a response from someone in PlusNet with, as you politely put it " integrity and the ability and desire to swiftly address this".

notlovedback
Dabbler

Thanks HP, 

voicing your support in this echoy chasm of despair is very much appreciated indeed. Smiley 

Having worked in the realm of brand marketing sales pr for a good 20+ years I one day realised how ugly the truth is when I joined the dots and saw that most quick rising companies on the whole base their marketing strategy around one thing... And that is to lead with their biggest lie.( #lovesyouback? why not just #paymebybacs or just #phonemeback ) So anyhoo ...after deprogramming myself I followed my gut and did something more virtuous, I now find and restore furniture, take pride in my work, and before escaping ex was selling all over uk and europe to people who appreciate it and keep in touch.

I am certain that i will face more challenges before someone makes an intelligent decision to rectify the ever growing list of spectacular wrongs and disappointments that has me turned into a private investigator in my quest to find a considerate doer to champion my quest.

The luck you send, I am greatful of. X 

notlovedback
Dabbler

Regarding the #lovesyouback campaign I've just found this article. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3268793/Misery-time-11-17am-today-Monday-mornings-time-week-...

Here's a quote from the man at the top describing his Vision.

Andy Baker, Plusnet Chief Executive added: 'At Plusnet we understand the importance of giving back to our customers and know it's the small things that make a big difference.

'Our £LovesYouBack campaign is encouraging the nation to give a little back to those around us - as our research shows, it could make someone's day.' 

Plusnet Employees .....To whomever is listening with the social conscience, integrity and fortitude to take action .... would you mind adopting Andy Bakers vision and buy into your own marketing campaign and lead by example by giving back by bacs 170, you took by mistake, admitted liability for returning, in order to make my and my daughters day tomorrow where we do not have to worry how we are going to eat come the weekend. Give a little back to me by intelligently righting the wrong that now finds me in utter despair at the lack of interest empathy or respect you have shown me as a customer you have admitted to failing. 

Show me some of that good yorkshire honesty and just walk the walk that you like to talk.

Please. 

cleandishee
Grafter

I have to say I find this thread quite concerning.

I am aware that things aren't what they used to be a few years ago when we joined Plusnet, with multiple ways of getting a response from staff (ticketing / quickly answered calls / this forum) now seemingly gone, but this really comes across quite poorly.

I am grateful that currently everything for us just works and is ticking over OK from when it was set up when we joined, as it appears that practical support has just disappeared, even in severe cases such as posted here.

Someone at Plusnet should respond and help the OP as it really seems you are hiding rather than solving the issue.

To the OP, As well as my best wishes in getting this solved may I ask has the bank offered any help in solving the issue?

I assume the monies were taken by Direct Debit or Debit/Credit Card so could the Direct Debit Guarantee or Charge Back service on the cards be used to correct this "error" especially if it has been admitted?

I looked at the Direct Debit website and I couldn't work out if the guarantee that would force the bank to refund the amount would apply or not in your case, but the website has a helpline that maybe you could give a call to to find out.

(This web page explains the process)

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/Howtocomplain.aspx

Also have you tried to reach out to any charities/organisations who could give advice to someone in your situation?

Maybe places such as

http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk/

http://www.refuge.org.uk/

https://www.womensaid.org.uk/

would have familiarity of situations such as this and could help you with the process

Even a place like the local CAB might have someone experienced to give advice or even help that might take the pressure off you.

Hope you can find something or someone to help you in this.

Best of luck.

Cleandishee.