Marvel1

Plusnet charges are different to my bill

This is the Plusnet price guide for residential products 

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

I'm under Unlimited Fibre Broadband

Signed up June 2018, so table 1

Unsure at this stage if low cost area or outside

18 Month Contract

I believe it will come under Broadband & Phone on an 18 month minimum term contract

Low cost area = £7.00 for the first 18 months, £15.99 thereafter

Outside low cost area = £14.50 for the first 18 months, £23.49 thereafter

Now this has been my bill since I joined and confused from above, I'm paying £24.99 a month (then £38.98 on the 19th month), charges broken down as follows as follows:

Balance brought forward £24.99

Line Rental = £18.99

Evenings & Weekends =£4.00

Voicemail = £0.00

Unlimited Fibre = £15.99

Promotional Discount = £13.99

I cannot work out how it differs from the site, anyone able to clarify, thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet charges are different to my bill

You can find out what your market classification is at https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/broadband_access_market.htm

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Fix

@Marvel1 the prices you see in the table you linked to are for the Fibre broadband part of the product , line rental and call plans are additional.

You seem to have a discount of £13.99 and so are getting your Fibre broadband for effectively £2/month. On top of that is the standard line rental of £18.99 and the E & w/e call plan of £4. That gives the total of £24.99/month.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Marvel1

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry for any confusion.

@MisterW has advised all the key elements of your invoice for you, I would mention that you are in a low market area. The pricing mentioned at £7.00 per month for the first 18 months appears to be an offer that was available at the time of the information being published, I will pass this on to have the website updated as this is now out of date.

The product price reverts after your discount to £15.99 at the end of your 18 month contract.

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

Regards,

websurf518
Dabbler

Out of interest what are these Promotional discounts?  having been stung by my previous isp provider by wrong billing i want to make sure my billing is correct :), i noticed a Promotional discount on my bill of  £11.48  but there is nothing to say what this is for, as far as  i am aware i only had £60 cashback which i have received via cheque

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

When signing up or recontracting Plusnet might offer you a lower price than the "standard" price. When this happens a "Promotional Discount" will be added to your account for the difference between the price you were offered and the full price.  That discount will be applied for a certain amount of time, for the period that was agreed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

websurf518
Dabbler

@pjmarsh wrote:

When signing up or recontracting Plusnet might offer you a lower price than the "standard" price. When this happens a "Promotional Discount" will be added to your account for the difference between the price you were offered and the full price.  That discount will be applied for a certain amount of time, for the period that was agreed.

If this is the case  then i can say that plusnet have never offered me a promotional discount, not that i am complaining Smiley and as far as i am aware the only offer for signing up (new customer) was the £60 rebate which as i have already said have received Smiley no idea how long i am going to be getting this either  as long as  i don't get a bill for this promotional discount in the future due to a billing error i am Happy Smiley perhaps someone from Plusnet can clarify  how long i will be getting this promotional discount and what it's for Smiley 

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @websurf518

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.