cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet cashback scheme

marymellor

Plusnet cashback scheme

Very disappointed that Plusnet will not honour a cheque I had not cashed in time. I had a 2 year contract and they owe me £50. I have been a loyal customer for 5 years and had poor customer service where I was promised I would be contacted about this twice but they also did not ring back twice. Has anyone else experienced this.
MM
3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Plusnet cashback scheme

I think it is a "banking" requirement that cheques be cashed within a specified period of time...not PlusNet.. check with your senior customer service person at the bank.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @marymellor welcome to the community forums.

@marymellor wrote:
Very disappointed that Plusnet will not honour a cheque I had not cashed in time.

Looking at your account I can see we sent the cheque out within 1 month of the offer being taken (Offer taken on 01/09/15, cheque sent on 21/09/15) and the expected delivery date was the following month.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not cash the cheque in time, however we did honour the offer by sending the cheque out to you. Unfortunately cashing the cheque is out of our control as only you would have been able to do this. As Shutter has said, It is not us that put the requirement on cashing the cheque within a specific time frame once receiving it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

In my banking days it was not unusual for a stale, or out of date cheque (more than six months old) to be reissued by commercial concerns. I must say that, if it's Plusnet being awkward and playing rules is rules, my opinion of them is diminishing. 

However the way banking is done now, I doubt a smallish cheque with a defect would not go through unnoticed.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.