cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet broadband bill higher than usual

charlie007

Plusnet broadband bill higher than usual

Hello,

I received an email from Plusnet detailing my bill, I usually pay monthly at a fixed standard rate, however this bill is for significantly more (142 rather than the usual 37 per month) there is no breakdown of what this bill includes and it is not clear why this has suddenly increased in price.

I am unable to speak to anyone at Plusnet about this and fear that they will take the money out of my account without me verifying this payment.

Please can someone help me with this?  

Regards

Charlie

6 REPLIES 6
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Plusnet broadband bill higher than usual

Welcome to the forum.  🙂

If you log into your account, you should be able to view current and past itemised bills here -

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mybillsandpayments&%3fmembermenu=billsandpayments=

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
charlie007

Hi,

Unfortunately this fails to explain exactly why the bill has more than tripled in price!

There seems to be no explanation for the sudden increase or a breakdown of the bill into exactly why the previously monthly installments have now changes.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Are you only going as far as this screen?

Image1.jpg

Clicking on the "Last bill" amount (circled in red above) will take you to the itemised bill. On page 1 you'll see the amounts charged for broadband, line rental, call charges etc, like this:

Image2.jpg

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
charlie007

Hi,

I have the below screenshot of what my itemised bill is, however I still do not understand why the previously monthly charges have now increased.  As there are 3 payments due for line rental does that entail I am being charged 3 months worth?  Nowhere does it state a change in billing to 1/4erly.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.42.25 AM.png

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Looks like Plusnet's infamous billing system has struck again.

Plusnet certainly don't do quarterly charging, and the 'Monthly Charges' section on your screenshot says £114·39, whereas the individual items only total £58·29. And then why "line only" and no mentiojn of the broadband product? Something is seriously wrong.

Can you assist @abails0105 , @Gandalf  ?

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @charlie007,

I'm sorry that your latest bill has been higher than expected and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. I've had a look into this now and my response contains account specific information. As this is the case, I've added it as a ticket on your account and you can view this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team