cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet blocking my access to their website

bwatkins
Dabbler

Plusnet blocking my access to their website

Every time Plusnet send me an email reminding me to pay my bill they simultaneously block access to their website making it impossible. What they are trying to do is interrupt my browsing to direct me to a page threatening to cut me off if I don't pay. What actually happens is the entirely of the internet is working normally and the only thing that isn't working is their website. 🙄

The only way around it is to log in to the website using another internet provider. I cannot do that at the moment and I cannot leave the house to get a phone signal. So it's impossible for me to pay.

I have emailed them twice but there is no answer. Last time I phoned it took an hour and a quarter to get through and I'm not wasting that much of my life on a problem caused by their incompetence.

Any suggestions? Can anyone from Plusnet sort this out?

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Plusnet blocking my access to their website

@bwatkins I am appalled at the way PN operate in this situation - their accounting function is not fit for purpose in this regard, but as I have suggested on occasion to others in your position, why not set up a direct debit mandate and ensure there are sufficient funds available on the due date?

That way, no service interruption and no waiting 60+ minutes on the phone.

John
bwatkins
Dabbler

I cancelled my regular monthly payments when Plusnet stopped providing a regular service. Now they only get paid if they have actually provided a service - which for three of the last 6 months they haven't. I'll be leaving Plusnet as soon as my case with Ofcom is completed so not worth setting up another DD.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK - you never mentioned you had a dispute, I assumed you were just one of those who for some reason don't set up a DD.

John
bwatkins
Dabbler

I still can't pay. I managed to find a way around the restrictions by using a proxy web browser to access the website but there's no way I'm putting my card/bank details in through that.

I cannot raise a ticket because every option on the help page redirects me to call customer services

The last time I called customer services it took 1h 20m to get through so I'm not doing that again.

I'm putting this here as public record that I have tried to pay but Plusnet is actively blocking me from doing so. And they have been doing this to people for years.