cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet bizzare billing

Harrysingh66

Plusnet bizzare billing

Hi I'm new to plusnet. On my account summary I have a "unlimited fibre broadband £43.44" item which says "upon cancellation" order status complete. Can anyone translate to English for me please? Is it an additional early exit charge?
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Plusnet bizzare billing

I think you are correct in that assumption, although it not an 'additional' charge, it is simply what Plusnet would charge to mitigate their loss, SHOULD you decide to leave early. The figure should reduce month-on-month to the end of your contract.

Personally, I wouldn't call it bizarre, merely standard commercial practice.

John
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

What perhaps is bizarre is that that figure includes the charge for the month you've just paid for, i.e. if you are coming to the end of your contract it will show a figure payable even if you have already paid for the last month of your contract.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Harrysingh66 wrote:
Hi I'm new to plusnet. On my account summary I have a "unlimited fibre broadband £43.44" item which says "upon cancellation" order status complete. Can anyone translate to English for me please? Is it an additional early exit charge?

Hi there, that's just your current early termination charge should you decide to leave Plusnet.

@Jonpe wrote:

What perhaps is bizarre is that that figure includes the charge for the month you've just paid for, i.e. if you are coming to the end of your contract it will show a figure payable even if you have already paid for the last month of your contract.

I believe the figure is updated automatically once per month. However, if your services move away from Plusnet during a billing month, then we'd work out pro rata final bill/refund where necessary.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet