cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet billing system

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Plusnet billing system

Plusnet service starts (phone + fibre) 11/9/2018 - prepaid anual line charges plus month's fees; 

Bill dated - around - 13/09 sent including another fee for anual line charges, spoke to an agent; 

Email to me saying the second anual charge will be waived, invoice should be reissued - 13/09/2018;

Live chat with PN agent - advised me to cancel Direct Debit to avoid double charging - 14/09/2018;

Email asking for Direct Debit to be reinstated - 18/09/2018;

Note from PN reporting double charging on my account and cheque to be sent to correct this - 20/09/2019

-  cheque duly arrived and as I hadn't actually paid this anual charge twice, I've kept it behind a glass panel with a

'Break in case of emergency' notice on it;

Direct Debit authority restored by me, around the first of October, ready for next bill;

This morning at 03:32 email to me 'Payment Reminder' apparently they couldn't work the DD;

Another email this mornimg at 03:33 'Payment Reminder' as before, asking for £200 or so;

Another email this moring at 03:33 'Payment Reminder' as before;

Fourth email this morning at 03:33 'Service restricted' - [-Censored-]?

Phone call from me to PN at 10:30, 'I'll refer this to the billing dept', assurance that the second anual charge will be removed from

the account and full service restored;

- to be continued...

The billing system at PN is clearly in need of a proper overhaul, it's no use having people available on chat, phone or the community forum who just shuffle notes/tickets around but never actually take action, that's just window dressing.

6 REPLIES 6
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Plusnet billing system

Hi @mechanic123,

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and I can see that this has been addressed after you spoke with our Support Team earlier today and we're currently awaiting a further update from our billing team, as per the open ticket on your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

The billing system at PN is clearly in need of a proper overhaul, it's no use having people available on chat, phone or the community forum who just shuffle notes/tickets around but never actually take action, that's just window dressing. 

THIS IS THE NEW BILLING SYSTEM since September Crazy2

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

… continuing my saga, another bill presented to me today for north of two hundred pounds! Anyone in the billing dept awake?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @mechanic123 ,

We're currently working on getting this issue resolved for you but to speed things along I have raised an escalation with our billing team.

I expect a response over the course of this week and will update you as soon as I receive one.

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

As PN took a Direct Debit from my account a couple of days ago, I promptly presented the refund cheque sent to me a month or so ago. Clearly, the billing dept was never going to take up the case and correct the last bill (the second debit for annual line charges) but after the cheque clears we should be all square, so hopefully with monthly debits to follow based on the fibre contract we have I should be happy with the outcome. No thanks though to the staff at PN for their inability to grasp this problem and resolve it within a couple of weeks.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @mechanic123,

Thanks for your post.

I can confirm that I re-submitted what's known as a 'Priority Escalation' in relation to your issues on 27/10 as agreed but unfortunately didn't ever receive an update from the billing dept (I've been monitoring your account on a daily basis to see if there's been any update).

I've fed this back internally but can only apologise for the lack of response and for the poor service you received.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need further assistance.