cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet billing error

jetstar
Grafter

Plusnet billing error

Plusnet have overcharged me this month by £6.50 on account as retention discount has not been applied.
It was offered only 6 months ago for a 12 month period and has been credited every time until this month.
I also contacted the call centre who couldn't figure it out.
Will you refund or credit this amount ?
16 REPLIES 16
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet billing error

Hi jetstar,
I was just looking into this when I saw that you'd called up and had it resolved.
Jojo Smiley
jetstar
Grafter

Has anyone else been incorrectly billed for line rental saver on home phone product ?
I've been debited £113.88 this month for a product i don't even have active on account.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI jetstar,
It seems to have been a manual error regarding a retention deal you were offered. This is being investigated now to make sure we get this resolved for you.
Jojo
jetstar
Grafter

Hi Jojo
I cancelled home phone service to plusnet in advance of transfer date, although the line rental saver part was clearly not cancelled on the system. I'm now waiting for customer services to sort it out.
BRABUS
Grafter

You are not alone this month, Plus Net seem to have got their knickers in a real twist.  I have just started having my phone with them on 19th.  I paid the line rental save for 12 monthsin advance when I ordered the phone a couple of weeks ago.  On the 20th they have requested £12.99 for line rental from me.  I have rung up and was told it was a clerical error and that as a "gesture of goodwill" that they will refund the line rental rather than knock it off next months bill.

Gesture of goodwill my back side, its their cockup and as part of the direct debit agreement they have to refund it.  I have raised a ticket and am waiting to see a resolution.

Personally I think the staff have got to the sherry and mince pies a bit early  Grin
mathewlisett
Grafter

it seems its also happened to us aswell, not only did we get an email about  a £1 soemthign they over charged us for soemthing, but they have also overcharged from what ive state din my topic aroudn the £6.50 mark aswell.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@BRABUS - I can see we're currently waiting for the payment to go through before issuing the refund, sorry that we can't arrange it before then. We'll get it back to you as soon as possible.
@mathewlisett - It looks from your other thread that this has all been sorted out now? Please let us know if not.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI jetstar,
I've just tried ringing. There's only the landline number on your account, Is there a mobile I can get you on?
Jojo Smiley
BRABUS
Grafter

@Matt - thanks for the reply Matt.  This isn't a dig at you, but you will see from my ticket #50093921 that the agents have denied part of the over charge and I had to explain it in my ticket.  Once again they are telling me 14 days for a refund.
I have been reading the details of the direct debit guarantee on the finacial ombudsmans web page and it clearly states that
"if the originator or the bank/building society makes an error, the customer is guaranteed a full and immediate refund of the amount paid."

I fully expect Plus Net to comply with the term "immediate"

Lets be honest, if I was late paying Plus Net even by a couple of days I am sure you would cut me off.  Trust between customers and a company is a two way street - Plus Net need to play fair.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Has the money actually left your account? If so a print of a statement showing the transaction should get the ball rolling.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Will it? 
Plus Net usual stance is, wait til the money reaches our account then we will start the ball rolling, five working days to clear our system, then another few more days till it gets to yours
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

As I posted elsewhere...
I was sent an email telling me that I was going to be billed for line rental despite having paid for Line Rental Saver. I pointed out the error straight away but was told that the direct debit could not be amended. I was promised a refund when the payment reached Plusnet. The automatic repayment didn't happen and when I complained I was told that I would have to wait "up to 10 banking days" for the refund to get back to my bank. In the event, if I recall correctly, it took 4 days from when I chased it up. With Faster Payments available I cannot fathom why it should take even that long.
Mav
Fixes: 514

In these overpayment DD cases I think it may be better to contact the bank first for the refund.
As I understand it the DD guarantee is between you and the bank and not you and the company. As soon as you contact the bank they have to action the immediate refund. It is then up to the bank to get the money from the company taking you out of the loop.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I seem to recall (may not have been with Plusnet) someone following that path. The Direct Debit was recalled. The company treated that as failure to pay the bill and disconnected the line. I would be reluctant to risk such an outcome.
As Mav says the DD Guarantee refers to an arrangement between a bank and its customer not the company and their mutual customer.