cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are making me pay for phonecalls when I DON'T HAVE a phone!

supriyachatterj

Plusnet are making me pay for phonecalls when I DON'T HAVE a phone!

Hi,
I thought I would share my experience with Plusnet which so far has been completely unsatisfactory.
I have only been with them for only 1 month having moved from Tesco broadband who offered a fantastic customer service. I have moved to plusnet as I heard good things about them and did not want to move from Tesco, but TalkTalk has taken them over.
I got my first bill on 14th February from PlusNet and was stunned to find I 'owed' £41.65.
The amount I pay is expected to be £16.99.
I contacted the customer service team who disconnected me two times.
When I finally got through they informed me that the extra charges were for telephone calls.
I was gobsmacked to hear this as I HAVE NEVER had a phone attached to the socket.
I spoke online with a representative he said "I will investigate it but your direct debit is due on the 17th February and you have to pay this first."
So that means that tomorrow the payment will go out and I have no update.
I was given a reference number which was 119977799 but I have no idea what this means or what the status is.
I have little to no confidence that this will get resolved.
Has anyone had any experience with this that can guide me? Is there anyone from PlusNet on this forum care to comment?
Also, is it possible to cancel my PlusNet contract even though they have tied me in for 18 months? I feel they have not kept the conditions of the contract and I do not want to pay for calls that wereIMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE.
Kind Regards,
Supriya.
9 REPLIES 9
ArthurDent
Grafter

Re: Plusnet are making me pay for phonecalls when I DON'T HAVE a phone!

Would suggest that you log into your plusnet account. You should be able to hack your way through to an itemised list of calls you are alleged to have made.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see we're investigating this as a potential crossed line fault. The estimated response time from Openreach on this is midnight tonight, so I'm hopeful we should have an update tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The number you have given is a ticket number. https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=119977799 should take you to it.
Also it's a good idea to have a basic handset available to check your line in the event of issues. You can get one for £5 from Argos.
If you can get hold of one plug it in and dial 17070 which will tell you the number. You'd also be able to ring what should be your number from a mobile and confirm it rings.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
supriyachatterj

Any update on this issue from customer support team as you said you will be getting the report by midnight of 17th Feb?
Chris
Legend

Unfortunately the engineer wasn't able to resolve this yesterday, it's been assigned to another engineer today so we should have updates later today or tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
supriyachatterj

Hi, is there any update from customer service team? I can see the full amount of £41.65 has been taken from my bank account INCLUDING the amount for calls I didn't make.  I have received a text saying the fault has been resolved, but my complaint was always about the bill - please can you let me know what is happening with the bill?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you checked if it gives you the correct number when you dial 17070?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
supriyachatterj

Customer service team - any reply? I need full refund of £24.66  Please advice why am still I NOT being offered the full refund. I have reiterated many times I don't have any phone attached and it is impossible to make those calls.
Chris
Legend

Hi there,
I can see my colleague has refunded you but it appears they entered the wrong amount. As soon as the current invoice clears I'll refund the additional £1.