cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are LYING to me

ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Plusnet are LYING to me

Moved house and had to wait 6 weeks for an engineer appointment which was today.
At 5.25pm no one had turned up still so I called plusnet and spoke to someone who checked with the team (who deal with the open reach engineers) who said there was no information on my account to suggest why the engineer had not turned up yet and that I should wait until 6pm. I did so and still no engineer. I'm told the engineers are given all my contact details should they be late etc.
I call again and now I'm told a note has magically appeared on my account saying the engineer had turned up at 1.07pm - apparently there was no answer at the door. I was home ALL day. If there was no answer why didn't I get a call on my mobile? Plusnet doesn't know, they're just reading from the notes which only mentions no answer at the door. Now I'm told I have incurred a charge for a 'missed appointment' and that the only thing I can do is reply to my support ticket.
I've called plusnet again and spoken to a 3rd person who now say that this note from the engineer now says that they did call my mobile and there was no answer!
I'm being LIED to and I'm not happy. I refuse to pay this charge for an apparent 'missed appointment' and I just to want to give up on plusnet. I already had to wait 6 weeks for this appointment and during that time my direct debit was still going out because apparently it would mess up my account if I cancelled it. I had to take a day off work for this.
I'm so angry and upset. Am I being shafted by plusnet because they already waived the £50 fee for needing to install a new phone line at my new place so they wanted to get this fee back from a 'missed appointment' ?
49 REPLIES 49
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet are LYING to me

Oh and I'm using a rubbish dongle to write this.  Angry
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

I can understand your anger with this but it may be aimed at the wrong party. The BT engineer might be lying to cover up the fact that they couldn't make the appointment due to too much work scheduled or jobs taking longer (they probably work to a job completion quota for a day, so making up a few to get enough is almost forced to happen). Either way all that PlusNet know is what they receive from BT Openreach.
That's RPM to you!!
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi there welcome to the forum Smiley
One of the digital care team (Plusnet support staff) should be along tomorrow to pick this up for you.
I am sure they will do all the can to get this sorted for you.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Tut tut Openreach (Or should I say "Out-of-Reach" as described by some members on this forum!)
Firstly your forum usernames a little harsh, let them sort it out for you. And they shouldnt charge you the £50 if the OR engineer is lying like a retard. Or it could be that it was a system error on Openreaches behalf. Either way, its not REALLY Plusnets fault, its Openreach.
Someone from the digital care team should pick this up and fix your issue. Would help if you posted up the ticket ID (Not the whole ticket) so the staff can easily find whats going on.
Patience will help, and yes I totally agree the 6 week wait and £50 charge must be the single most annoying thing ever. Being left out with internet and a phone line would in theory be torture for me. Dont despair just yet though!
Hope that helps, Meh (Aman)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: meh
Would help if you posted up the ticket ID (Not the whole ticket) so the staff can easily find whats going on.

Failing that, your Plusnet username (assuming it's different from your forum name) will help the staff to sort out the issue.
Believe me, Plusnet are not prefect (nobody is) but if you post the relevant information here you'll get support that's pretty much second to none.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Thanks for your replies everyone. Er yes I registered for the forum in a rage hence the username...
I stayed in all day on one of the very few nice sunny days of the summer waiting for this OR engineer and the thought of having another god knows how long wait for another appointment with a £50 fee on top is pushing me to tears! None of the three different plusnet call centre staff I spoke to were much help.
Aren't plusnet owned by BT? I really don't understand why it was such a long wait in the first place, surely if there's so much work they need to invest in more engineers. Argh.
My support ticket is #57859006. I have had really good experience with plusnet previous to this as a new customer but I've been with them a year now and feel like I'm being treated like a turd.  Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I am really sorry to hear that the engineer did not turn up today. I'm out of the office at the moment, but as soon as I get back into the office tomorrow morning, I'll have this looked into for you and we'll get this sorted out.
I appreciated that you're frustrated but leave it with me until the morning and I'll make sure we get this resolved for you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just read through ticket 57859006 and can see what's been discussed. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered here. Please let us know if you want us to proceed with booking another appointment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm working with our House Moves and Provisioning Teams as we speak to get this resolved.
I'll be in touch shortly.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for your time on the phone today. I'm glad we managed to get that sorted out for you.
If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to help Smiley
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Thank you again for all your help Chris. Really didn't think I was going to get any help from plusnet after the misery of yesterday. Might have to change my username!
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Ok I think my username is going to have to stand now. Chris was very helpful on the phone a couple of weeks ago and got me an engineer appointment booked for this friday. He said he would call this week on tuesday to check on my case but hasn't. Now neither me or my partner can get the time off work so I have just called up to change it and the earliest appointment I can get is the 14th NOVEMBER.
I had my bb disconnected at my old flat on the 26th JULY. The appointment isn't even confirmed yet and I've been told it's a very busy time of year for them - would I have to wait this long if I was a new customer signing up?! Somehow I don't think so. I'm really sick of plusnet now, particularly since I've still been forking out the monthly direct debit for something I haven't had for almost 9 weeks now and counting.
If I can't get an earlier appointment I'm leaving. I don't even care about the disconnection fee anymore. I'm so sick of this.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'm really sorry that I didn't call you back yesterday. I'm glad that we have managed to have a chat today regarding these ongoing problems. As we've discussed, I'm liaising with our Provisioning Team to ensure that your installation is before the date you have specified.
I will be keeping you updated throughout the day via telephone and I will ensure that something is sorted out by the end of today.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in me getting back to you.
ihateplusnet
Dabbler

Chris can you call me? The engineer came and went early this morning, didn't leave me with anything that I could plug the modem into (had to go to maplins to buy an adapter) and the broadband still isn't working 6 hours later. Also you said you would send a router but I haven't received anything.