cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet accouts and bereavement: poor service

Mannisenmaki

Plusnet accouts and bereavement: poor service

Hello

I would like to reiterate comments made previously on this forum regarding the poor service that Plusnet provides to those dealing with the affairs of someone who has passed away.

My mother passed away recently and I have been trying in vain to get Plusnet to help.  All other companies I have dealt with (particularly other utility companies) have dedicated bereavement teams and processes in place but it seems that Plusnet do not have this.  I waited on hold for 40 minutes which is unheard of when dealing with a bereavement.  No one I spoke to dealt with my call in a manner sensitive to the situation.

Whilst the account was transferred to my name, Plusnet provided no assistance in reseting the account password so that I would actually be able to access the account, the email address was noted incorrectly so I haven't received any emails.  In addition to that, Plusnet were seemingly not interested in updating the bank account details on the account - payments will not be made because my mother's account is frozen.  Instead, they passed me immediately through to several people (none of whom had been briefed by the previous person) and eventually to the "Customer Options Team" who proceeded to aggresively try to sell me a new broadband package on a fixed term.  My mother also had a mobile phone with Plusnet and I really don't want to go through the same process with that.

It is also well known that a statement of account as at the date of death is required when dealing with someone who has passed away.  Whilst I requested this from Plusnet, it was clear that they were not able to provide this.  I am surprised as all other companies I have dealt with have processes to deal with these requests.

I have noted that posting on this forum us the only way to get Plusnet to actually deal with a situation properly.  I am hoping that someone from Plusnet will see this and make contact with me so that this can be resolved.

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Plusnet accouts and bereavement: poor service

Hi @Mannisenmaki,

Thank you for raising this with us. I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you had when you contacted us to arrange the transfer of your late mother's account and for the inconvenience that this has caused you. It certainly doesn't sound like you have been treated with the attention to detail and compassion that we would expect and we can pass on your feedback about this so that this can be followed up internally.

Please can you send me a private message with the account username (or the landline number that is attached to the account if you don't have the account username to hand) and we will look into this from here for you. Please add another comment to this thread once you've sent the private message so that we can make sure this is picked back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Mannisenmaki

Hi EmilyD

Many thanks for your message.  I just sent you a private message, as requested.

Best wishes

Nick

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Mannisenmaki,

Thanks for sending across that information, I have tried to contact you today but the line was engaged. Can you please leave a suitable time/date to catch you on and we can go from there.

Thanks.

Mannisenmaki

Hello Mads

It would be great if someone could call me today on the numbers I provided previously.   I was in all day yesterday and the line was not engaged.

I have also now received text messages to my mother's phone saying that the service is going to be cut off due to non-payment.  This is what I was trying to avoid by calling last week.

Best wishes

Nick

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey Nick,

Thanks for your time on the telephone this afternoon.

Just for confirmation I've written up notes from our conversation here should you need further clarity/assistance please get back in touch here.

Thanks.