cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Unlimited charge

jocky
Dabbler

Plusnet Unlimited charge

I have Plusnet Unlimited paying £16.34 per month. My latest billing states this has increased to £21.34 from 31/1. Product Information says that from 4/1/11 the price has increased to £19.99 per month. Firstly I have received no advice that this charge was to increase. Secondly, the sums don't seem to add up even at 20% VAT. Has anybody else had the same issue or can anyone clarify why I have not received a notification.
10 REPLIES 10
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Unlimited charge

PN have sent emails out about the changes before Christmas and I think again before the changes came into affect. There have been many threads on here about it, including a long running thread in the announcements forum here.
jocky
Dabbler

Thanks Peter. Can honestly say I have not received emails, but can see from the threads this is well covered.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The original emails were sent circa 3/12/2010 and you should find a copy of it as a Service Notice in your closed questions around that date. There is also a FAQ http://community.plus.net/vat_faq/ with this price increase covered in the first item.
David
jocky
Dabbler

I can see the service notice but no emails. My fault for not checking notices so will have to make sure I do so in the future.
Thanks.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there s a file some where in your ticket system that has a copy of all e-mails sent to you by Plusnet, I thought I had Jelv's link but cant find it
pierre_pierre
Grafter

found it go to this page https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search&view_by=custom&from=01%2F12%2F10&to=12%2F12%2F10&x=19&y=12  set the date range to first week last December  then view
Anon
Pro

Quote from: jocky
I can see the service notice but no emails. My fault for not checking notices so will have to make sure I do so in the future.
Thanks.

Not true, jocky, Plusnet have to inform you of alterations of this nature, it is not good enough simply to say we posted it on the website.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
zubel
Community Veteran

They sent it to every email address set up *by the user* as the email address that should receive service announcements such as this.
That falls within the remit of specifically notifying the user.
Plusnet *sent* the notification, it was apparently not received.  This is akin to court papers being sent by post but not received - unfortunately not a valid excuse in most circumstances.
B.
rengarth
Grafter

just a quick post to say that I too have the Plusnet Unlimited product and I also received an email on 2nd December saying that the cost of the product was increasing by £5 with effect from 4th January. The emails did go out. all I can suggest to anyone who didn't get one is that it might have ended up in a spam folder, since the email came from a different email address to the one they use for payment notifications.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Anon
Quote from: jocky
Thanks.

Not true, jocky, Plusnet have to inform you of alterations of this nature, it is not good enough simply to say we posted it on the website.

That isn't what was said. The primary notification is the email which is copied to your closed tickets. In all the years I have been with Plusnet I've never heard of a proven case where the ticket was created but no email was sent. I have on the other hand heard of many cases where the email address used for contact had not been updated by the user and so it went to an email address not being looked at, it had been put in to a spam folder or the user had glanced at it, thought it was some marketing bumf and deleted it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)