Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Robbery

FIXED
gargy2002
Grafter

Plusnet Robbery

Hi all,

I hope that someone from Plusnet reads it because my question messages are not public. My special discount was cancelled lately due to obvious customer exodus from BT/Plusnet after being charged extra for nothing like recent landline increase or just for the service itself. Understandable when they paid billions in TV rights for the EPL that they don't barely show with mostly a single live game a week. The matter in here started when I moved house which was a reason why Plusnet "renewed" my existing contract. However, they reviewed my discount awards and decided to cancel a £5 discount. After a lengthy phone call the discount was reinstated under a condition that the contract was extended up to 24 months. Suddenly this month the discount was again taken off but the 24 contract is allegedly still in place. A corporate greed in its finest. I see that people are having troubles getting the promised cashbacks. Sounds like Plusnet are getting more desperate to rob customers than I thought. I told them I'm a Plusnet Mobile customer too but they don't bother losing more money from me leaving to another mobile provider than the £5 discount. I hope that Plusnet will stop robbing customers asap or BT will go bust in a couple of years. 

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Plusnet Robbery

Have you considered that its much more likely to be inadequately trained Plusnet staff struggling with rickety admin and billing systems in play, rather than deliberate corporate greed and robbery targetting you in progress?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gargy2002
Grafter

They don't target just myself. If you have the ability to read you can read a couple of posts in here about the cashbacks not being awarded. You can't put this on staff that was told to rip as many customers as possible to get the numbers in black from obvious red. It's a corporate greed pure and simple because someone has to pay the bills when too many have left and there is a huge TV rights bill to pay. Mark my word that Plusnet will end up like Carillion ruined by the greedy management. I left BT for Plusnet because of the subscription money just to end up paying more than I paid for BT. LOL

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Sorry to see how this has been handled on your account @gargy2002

I've been looking into this and I'll reply to your ticket 169588371 shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gargy2002
Grafter

Hi Gandalf,

Just to let you know that my Plusnet TV doesn't work any more. The whole package is gone (HD, BT Sport 1 and the extra channels). Could you verify it's been cancelled for me, please? Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there.

From what I can see it's still active on your account.

Do you receive any particular error messages?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gargy2002
Grafter

I was going to watch MU vs Brighton on Saturday night and discovered that the Youview is just like a common telly without any extra channels or HD except BBC and ITV. I was messing around with a VPN but never made it to work and all settings were never applied. I'll get rid of everything what's left and reboot. It doesn't show the Plusnet TV I used to have that told me once a while there is a problem to connect to the channel. Got an Asus RT-U66U as a router but the settings for the TV haven't been changed. Let you know when I get home. Is there anything I can look into to see if the service is on on my equipment (software, utilities)? Cheers

gargy2002
Grafter

It's all right now. A couple of reboots and it works again. Got those BT Openreach scam phone calls lately. Should have done that before. Thanks anyway!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry I didn’t post back here sooner. I’m glad to hear you’ve managed to sort this out. Please do let me know if you have any further issues.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet