cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Repeated Failings and Fraud.

Complaint
Hooked

Plusnet Repeated Failings and Fraud.

6 months ago, after a recommendation of a friend, we attempted to join Plusnet.

There were failed attempts at setting up our service and they claimed that we were good to go.

In reality we only had a crackly telephone line and no internet for almost two months. After multiple complaints and failed visits by Plusnet (BT Openreach engineers) they finally got us broadband, only because I kept insisting they send out Broadband engineers instead of Telephone Engineers, as Plusnet kept only sending out telephone engineers and not Broadband engineers.

Then came the first notice of a bill which was twice what it should have been and it did not make any allowance for the missing broadband we had for the first month and a half. Plus the bill said we had two broadband lines and two telephone lines. Eh?

We emailed, phoned and emailed Plusnet multiple times highlighting the error.

Have you guys ever noticed that it always takes a minimum of 20 minutes before you get to speak to anyone on Plusnet when you call them, plus when they call you back they call from a private number so the call is not traced nor recorded?

They did nothing to resolve our accounts issue, even though their email statements were positive in resolving it, they did nothing. The only thing they said they would do was to refund us the difference at the next months bill.

I was not having that so we cancelled our direct debit before they could remove the money from our account and I sent them another notice to tell them to sort out the billing error and bill us the correct amount as we were happy to pay the correct amount if they sorted out their billing error.

To cut a long story short, they never got their act together, they never resolved out multiple complaints other than agreeing with us the bill was incorrect and that it was an "illegitimate charge" and they would resolve it.

Cut to 6 months later we are being chased by two separate debt collection agencies (which is against the FCA guidelines) on behalf of Plusnet for monies they said were cancelled and would not be chased and that was incorrect to begin with.

They even sent me a cheque for £100 to pay into my account to pay an alleged debt, which was not mine to begin with!

To attempt to resolve the issue I tried to cash it. It bounced!

I cracked and wrote to the head of Plusnets Finance debt a, Ms Brockle-Bank and also the CEO of Plusnet.

I get in return an apology from an alleged Senior case handler and a promise to set things right.

He was not even able to cancel the, by now, multiple fraudulent debt with the Debt collection agency so said he would also send me a cheque for £100 to clear the "illegitimate debt" and offered me a paltry some in compensation.

I have spent over 7 full days of my time in the last 6 months calling Plusnet and writing to plusnet. I have the 15 reference numbers of complaints to prove it. Not including also having to write to debt collection agencies to tell them Plusnets error and told them to refer the issue back to their client as what they were doing was against the FCA guidelines, which one of them refused to do even though being aware there was an ongoing complaint with Plusnet.

Forgive me but Plusnet are an absolute shower of an organisation and suggest anyone thinking of using them or having issues with them to just leave.

We are with BT internet and could not be happier - I realise Plusnet are part of BT Internet but the difference in service is night and day.

10 REPLIES 10
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Plusnet Repeated Failings and Fraud.

Hi @Complaint, I am really sorry for your poor experience and the numerous issues you encountered in your time with us. We will certainly ensure that any necessary feedback is passed on to the relevant teams as we want to provide similar experiences to this occurring again in future.

Just to note, outbound calls are also recorded as well as inbound ones.

I can see your complaint is still in hand with our Higher Level Escalations Team and I have emailed your case handler to ensure they respond to your ticket as soon as they are back in the office.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Complaint
Hooked

Hello L Barry,

You would have thought that out bound and inbound calls are recorded. Sadly I have experience to show the opposite.

Having been called in the evening by a Plusnet representative who made a sizable offer of compensation, only to be told that that telephone call never took place the following Monday and no trace of a telephone call was ever found, even though my call logging system showed a lengthy call from a private number at a specific time, Plusnet were not able to find that telephone conversation. Odd. I certainly had not dreamt it.

A mistake on my part not to record calls from Plusnet.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

I'm very sorry to hear this. Though both our inbound and outbound calls are recorded, I'm really sorry that we were unable to locate the specific call in question.

If you are able to provide further details of this call date, time, number we called on etc (by adding a comment on the open ticket) I would be more than happy to try and locate this call for you, though I may not have much luck if we have not previously been able to locate it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Complaint
Hooked

Having asked for a Deadlock letter from a Plusnet Senior Manager and after some debate and another cheque to pay off a debt collection agency they seemingly can't cancel themselves nor is the debt mine as the senior manager called it "illegitimate"

I receive an email yesterday evening saying:-

Thank you for your patience and co-operation. I have attached the deadlock letter to this conversation thread and printed and posted a hard copy. You can expect to receive the physical letter within five working days, hopefully sooner post permitting. If you have any further questions, I am contactable via ...."

Now the interesting thing is. I can no longer access my online data via Plusnet as my password no longer works.

Before you ask.

No I did not change my password.

No my complaint is not satisfied.

No my username and password and the contents therein are not meant to be closed and nor did I ask it to be.

As this is an active complaint I should have access to the evidence built up over the past 6 months.

This is obviously the work of this very same senior manager it would seemingly appear.

So another failing on Plusnets behalf, even though I have been told my deadlock letter has a digital version, I cannot access it.

I will add this to my previous notice of charges.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi there,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Just to confirm, my colleague has not taken any action that would prevent you from accessing the Member Centre. The Member Centre component of your account is still active and you should be able to log in to view the ticket you've referenced in your post.

If you're being told that your password is incorrect, I would recommend firstly trying to log in on several devices to ensure that this is not a device issue. Secondly, I'd recommend clearing the cache and cookies of any browser that you've used to access the site previously, and lastly I'd suggest using the "forgotten password" link on the Member Centre to generate new password.

If none of the above works, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist further.

Best wishes

Dave

Complaint
Hooked

I have three different devices. All say the same thing.

All caches cleared.

Different browsers used on each machine.

Forgotten password link clicked.

Complaint
Hooked

Message from Plusnet.

We are unable to find your account.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.

I've asked my colleague to get in touch to provide this to you via an alternative method (electronically).

Best wishes

Dave

Complaint
Hooked

Thank you for asking your colleague to get hold of me.

That was a week ago and they haven't. Sadly this is not surprising.

I have made note of the final response letter which is full of factual errors.

Just to note I still do not have access to my account nor the original correspondence.

Nothing is really surprising me now of Plusnet and it also seems like I am not alone in multiple billings errors, false contract claims, administration errors and non communication.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Complaint 

I have managed to get in contact with your dedicated case handler and he has made me aware that he will call you before the end of his shift today to discuss these matters further. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR