Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Refund?

FIXED
steeko
Dabbler

Plusnet Refund?

I have left Plusnet, but have still been charged for the following month after contract ended. Received an immediate bill for phone calls which whilst is probably fair enough, is rather vague. Just wondering how long I can expect to wait to receive a refund? If a bill can be generated in the space of a day, surely a refund can be too?

22 REPLIES 22
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Plusnet Refund?

Hi @steeko, welcome to the forums.

Normally when we action a refund, we send it back by the same method that the payment was taken from. For a card refund, this takes around 3-5 working days but for a Direct Debit then this can take up to 10 working days. If you can PM your username, I'll have this looked into once our systems are back up and running after some unexpected downtime.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for the PM @steeko.

Will get back into touch as soon as I am aware the system downtime has been resolved Stephen.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi Stephen,

Now I have been able to access the account, I see there is a couple of payments going through. Once these are cleared at your bank's side and show on our systems then I'll get the refunds which you are entitled to processed. These will go back to the bank account as opposed to a card so will take around 10 working days to show back with you; but we will make sure you are refunded.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@BasilBrush wrote:
(snip) These will go back to the bank account as opposed to a card so will take around 10 working days to show back with you; but we will make sure you are refunded.

Could you explain why this process still takes 10 days with plusnet @BasilBrush?  Most other services I use can achieve this refund in hours via the "Faster payments" system.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I bet "Most other services" also use "Faster broadband" Smiley

steeko
Dabbler

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking into this for me. The last payment has already come out of my account, but in fairness, I don't think I should need to wait for things to clear on a system for a refund to be issued. Seems a little unfair.

Kind regards,

Stephen

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @MauriceC

I believe this is down to the current billing system and the way it is set up. We are in the process of a finalising a new one which should see improvements once it has been launched; the main one being where Customers can change their billing date - something that is not available under the current system.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
MauriceC
Resting Legend

@BasilBrush wrote:

Hi @MauriceC

I believe this is down to the current billing system and the way it is set up. We are in the process of a finalising a new one which should see improvements once it has been launched;

Thanks Mark, but that same response has been repeated many, many times over the last 5+ years (possibly as many as 7) since the ineffectiveness of the Billing platform were first identified.  Is there yet a date for the introduction of the new service - even an expected year would be helpful?

As a comparison, large Telco sized multi-product Billing platforms can be implemented in 6 - 9 months so why is plusnet taking so long?  It must be a significant embarrassment to forward business planning.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello again Maurice.

I understand it is in its final testing, however the exact launch date hasn't been communicated so far. Hope it's soon, will make a great advancement when it comes. It's been a long time in development for sure.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Stephen,

I've had a look and one of the payments has cleared for sure. As soon as the second one does, I'll get both refunds done at the same time. I've got this on my "to-do and monitor" list for you.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@MauriceC Yes, five years seems a long time to change a billing system, but the last thing we (and presumably PN) want is a new billing system that doesn't work properly, it would seem we already have one of those.

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Jonpe

I did an enquiry this afternoon about it the new billing system. I have been advised it will happen this year, but the launch date is still yet to be determined. Our Billing team are doing the final testing, that's the one confirmation I was able to determine. We'll communicate something more concrete as soon as we have it.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
MauriceC
Resting Legend

I remain optimistic.  Angel

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Someone's braveGrin advising that it will be ready this yearShocked