cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect Expires Each Month - Plusnet Please Help

dianecowper

Plusnet Protect Expires Each Month - Plusnet Please Help

HI Plusnet. I'm in the position where my McAfee (Plusnet Protect) expires at the end of each month but still shows as an active add-on. I'm removing and re-instating the add-on to enable me to re-install the software and run it but this only lasts a month. Whilst all my other experience with Plusnet has been good the help desk for this issue is terrible. It seems that Plusnets unserstanding of my status is different to McAfees. I suspect that each month I still have a pending cancellation after re-installing the software. I'll be reinstalling the new software today but grateful if any pending cancelations could be removed. BASICALLY, PLEASE HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Plusnet Protect Expires Each Month - Plusnet Please Help

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Account/Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @dianecowper welcome to our community forums and I'm sorry to see you're having issues with Plusnet Protect. We've done a bit of magic and we've fixed the problem for you now. If you uninstall and re-install the program one final time you should find it doesn't expire on your bill date anymore. The problem was pretty much exactly how you described by the way!

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dianecowper

Hi Plusnet staff, I think I failed to correctly follow your instructions because today my Plusnet security stopped again (as messaged by McAfee). I've restarted my security by removing the add-on and 're-purchasing' the add-on and re-installing. My experience is that this will only last a month. My Plusnet security status is now presumably not synchronised with McAfee's status for my 'account'. Can you please re-synchronise and send me a new set of instructions as to what I should do! Thanks, dianecowper .