cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Owes Me Money

sf73

Plusnet Owes Me Money

I signed up for Fibre Broadband recently, but after having been misled by a Plusnet employee, and having endured the protracted amount of time it takes to get hold of anyone, I decided it was best to cancel.

That was on the 2nd October. 

It's now the 15th and Plusnet is still owes me the initial amount of money I paid as it hasn't yet been refunded to my credit card. Having googled the point, it seems I'm one of many the company owes money to for lengthy periods of time.

13 days have already passed. When will I receive my money back? There is nothing in Plusnet's terms of service that reserves them the right to delay it's refund by any days at all. Therefore it became due immediately. 

10 REPLIES 10
Dave14

Re: Plusnet Owes Me Money

I've posted my tale on the thread "Returning my Router" so this is a repeat but I've been waiting since the 2nd Sept for a credit card refund.. Don't hold your breath!!!!!!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @sf73,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and after speaking with the relevant department, a ticket has been raised on your account regarding this situation, which can be viewed here.

@Dave14,

I'm sorry to hear you've not received anything as of yet. I've taken a look into your account today and the information sent on this ticket, should still be accurate, however I have raised this with our billing team for further investigation and we will have an update for you in that regard soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
gerrarda
Dabbler

I laugh every time I see reference to the billing team. This is the useless team that I’m still awaiting a refund since beginning of September. I’m still waiting for someone with some accountability to call me! I assume you all all to busy trying to fend off Ofcom. Obviously the fine you got last year of £880000 hasn’t motivated you into sorting out your billing issues. Hopefully your next fine will be a lot higher then you might think about improving your service.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @gerrarda,

I am sincerely sorry for the experience you have had while leaving our service. I can assure you this is not the level of service we aim to provide both when joining or leaving our service.

I would like to take ownership of the issue and I have updated your ticket here which hope will being this to amicable resolution.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
gerrarda
Dabbler

@SammyM - I’ve updated the ticket. Thanks for picking this up
sf73

So, be warned. If you're expecting money back from PlusNet, you're in for a long wait. Having waited almost 2 weeks, according to the reply I've had below, they've decided they're holding onto my money for a further 21 days. I assume that's working days - Either way, nearly another month or just more than.

21 days is quite precise - I'm assuming the only reason it is within 21 days from now, is because I made the enquiry here and it was picked up by someone their end - Had I left it, it would still have been "within 21 days" from whatever date I got in touch later on. 

There is absolutely no administrative reason why this company can't process credit card refunds if they can take new credit card orders, new software or not. There is also absolutely no reason why they should have to send a cheque, and there is no reason why it should take up to 21 days to do so......Unless PlusNet are having financial problems and either they're not able to refund/credit everyone as quickly as those payments are due, or they aren't paying to resource the departments that do make such payments with a satisfactory number of staff. 

I am so glad we saw just how bad this firm could be at this point rather than later when we were tied into a contract. Truly disgraceful, particularly given the false impression of "service", their now increasingly annoying TV and radio adverts give. 

Anyway, I digress - Here's that email reply - Be warned:

Dear Mr F, Thank you for your patience. Due to the installation of our new billing software, we are currently unable to process refunds directly back to your Bank Account. We have processed your refund of £33.99 by cheque. This will be with you within 21 days. 

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@sf73  Since you paid by credit card, have you had a look at a Section 75 refund?  This would only apply to purchases over £100 so may not apply in your case unless you took out LRS.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

You could always contact your bank or card issuer and try a charge back.
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

You could always contact your bank or card issuer and try a charge back...
And SammyM states this isn't the level of service......mmmmmm me begs to differ .
These refund and billing problems are filling up the forum..... Maybe plusnet staff should take off those rose tinted glasses and wake up and get to grips with the shambles of a billing dept
Dave14

I've had a long frank and pragmatic discussion with PlusNet after they contacted me and my issue is being dealt with by a nominated person who has the ability to resolve the matter. I trust a happy conclusion is under way as I now have confidence in the acceptance and action initiated. I will confirm resolution when its over. Thanks to all for your comments and thoughts.